• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water bottle for indoor rabbits

Muppet2

Alpha Buck
Any thoughts on this...?

My two rabbits live in the dining room, free range (no cage, no hutch; just bedding and litter trays etc). They usually use a bowl for water but I need to swop to a bottle at least temporarily.

What I am going to fix it too?????!!!!! :shock: Bear in mind, I have NO DIY skills :D

Current thinking involves dining chair leg and a lot of parcel tape. Or string! Or rubber bands! Any cunning ideas welcome (but bear in mind a) no DIY skills and b) I dont want to ruin my furniture...)

Sooty has excess salivation which is already making her skin sore, poor bunny :( - when she drinks from a bowl, she gets quite wet from water too. Obviously she's being treated by the vet but she needs a drier way to drink in the meantime!

Sooty has excess salivation which is already making her skin sore, poor bunny :( - when she drinks from a bowl, she gets quite wet from water too. Obviously she's being treated by the vet but she needs a drier way to drink in the meantime!

Awh Bless her :cry:

The only thing I can think of, is to get in indoor cage and fill it with hay, so they can sit inside it, and then you can attach a water bottle to the outside of it, so they can drink it from there :)

If you had a fire guard that could easily work, you could attach the bottle with the wire that usually comes included..or umm hmmm shrug:? I have no other ideas really, sorry :(

If you have the vertical support available - chair leg etc - you could use long plastic cable ties.

These can be tightened as much as you want and would keep it secure but, of course, you'd have to cut it off when you change the water unless you've got an eazi-filla bottle. You get a fair amount in a pack though.

No mess - easy to get hold of in DIY shops etc.

If you had a fire guard that could easily work

It's so obvious, I'm embarrassed - I do have a folding pen... :oops: (My excuse is that it's currently functioning as a door and I forgot it existed as anything but a door!)

you could use long plastic cable ties

And I have some!

Cheers - I was racking my brains and couldnt see the wood for the trees :roll::lol:

Back