• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are my buns broken?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hey folks! :wave:

I feed my buns their breakfast about 8am - from about 8.15am onwards they have a run about in the house and garden and then they head for under the coffee table where they will stay just puffed up (not flopped) until about 6pm.

I have tunnels, baskets, toys everything but they just seem to love it under the coffee table snoozing.

Are they OK? Is this what buns do all day? (forgot to put pic in)

100_1072.jpg

Last edited:
Probably just lazybuns but one other possibility is they get a bit of gas/discomfort running around after eating. maybe you could switch the routine to morning run then nomnoms? :)

Probably just lazybuns but one other possibility is they get a bit of gas/discomfort running around after eating. maybe you could switch the routine to morning run then nomnoms? :)

Good thinking! Mind you dunno how Madam Lucy will respond to that!:lol::lol:

Yep, the natural behaviour for rabbits is to come out in the morning, eat loads of grass and stuff and run about and then go back into their warren and hide / dig holes for the rest of the day. Then in the evening they do exactly the same.
So after they've had their breakfast and run about it is normal for them to go somewhere and have a rest :)

Phew thank you!
Its a wooden coffee table they like to nom nom nom the wooden legs:roll:

Lazy sods!

Yep, the natural behaviour for rabbits is to come out in the morning, eat loads of grass and stuff and run about and then go back into their warren and hide / dig holes for the rest of the day. Then in the evening they do exactly the same.
So after they've had their breakfast and run about it is normal for them to go somewhere and have a rest :)

Unless you're Nino! :lol: Crepuscular rabbit rules do not apply! :lol: He might cat nap or have a stretched out snooze for an hour at most but generally his day is spent 'on the go' :D

But yes, I agree with both Lilbun's and TimbOh's posts. Normal behaviour is to be most active dawn and dusk ( and perhaps during the day for a quick snack too - I have seen wild buns in the afternoon out grazing on a hot day) - I expect these are the 'surface' Nino buns. Burrow buns retreat to the burrow for a long daytime snooze - Poppy spends the day in her willow den or under the bed in the spare room. At 3-4pm she's back up and stuffing her face, has another rest but in the open, and then is awake and active until about 7-8pm.
We let ours out and then top up their food so they can run around, graze the lawn, play in the house, then have a meal before the late morning sleepiness kicks in....on a nice full tum. :D I'd definitely try feeding your two after the morning exercise.

Grimlock has 'requisitioned' a lovely black silk sheet for his naps. He digs around in it until it's to his liking then puffs up and stays there for hours. I haven't got the heart to take it away from him. His routine is usually explore and scent (we call it mine-ing 'this box is mine', 'this table is mine', 'the hoover is mine too') for about 15 minutes, no snuggles allowed and then flop for the rest of the day. :)

yes Daisy and Loppy are the same!!Despite having access to the garden all day they tend to stop in the shed,lazing about until about 4pm when they will surface until teatime.However if its sunny and warm Daisy will come out,eat grass for a bit then find a nice sunny spot under some bush and laze there.What a life being a bunny!!!!

Back