• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weaning

Flora

Young Bun
Flora's baby rabbits will be 3 weeks this coming wednesday, and i was wondering if they can be started on tiny amounts of pellets, as they gobble down the hay like it's going out of fashion, and are also leaving the nest already. Do you think it would be to soon, or would it be okay.
Thanks eveyone for all your help. :D

I would think they are already eating them. Mum should be being free fed already to keep her milk up and the babies will probably already be munching on them. They do start super early with it. So yes, pellets are fine and god and mum should now be having unlimited pellets which will mean the babies can pick and choose when they eat and when they don't.

I would think they are already eating them. Mum should be being free fed already to keep her milk up and the babies will probably already be munching on them. They do start super early with it. So yes, pellets are fine and god and mum should now be having unlimited pellets which will mean the babies can pick and choose when they eat and when they don't.

Thanks for your reply. :D
Yes mum has unlimited food, but it is in a way that they can't get to it at the moment, i will start to give them some now.

Back