• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Day 1 in the Big Bunny Bonding House! - U/D again - Piccies - post 14!

Netutopia

Alpha Buck
Introducing the stars of the show:

Fat Fluff, Pickles (French lop):

tn_pickle.jpg

and Honeybunny, Thumper:

tn_thumper.jpg

"It's 9am on day one in the Big Bunny Bonding House and Pickles and Thumper have just entered the front room of the house"

Pickles: "Nom, nom, nom, me loves this hay"
Thumper: "I'm a celeb-bun get me out of here"
Pickles: "Me finks you have de wrong show, nom nom nom"
Thumper: "Can I jump out of dis run?"
Pickles: "nom nom nom"
Thumper: "Can I dig out - wow this floor is hard"
Pickles: "nom nom nom"
Thumper: "Perhaps if I give Mom the big eyes she will let me out
Pickles: puts nose up to Thumper
Thumper: stamps feet at runs around wildly for a few seconds
Pickles: "whatever, nom nom nom, you really should try this hay it is very good"
Thumper: "nom nom nom, you are right"

:D so far so good, will update you later and try and get some photos up...

Last edited:
:wave:

Thank you for your good wishes! So far so good (keeping everything crossed), they have been as good as gold all day. Thumper calmed down pdq after Pickles took no notice whatsover of his little man strops! :roll::lol:

They have been fine eating together which was a big relief to me because they are both so greedy. They have lay together side by side, I am going to leave them in the front room overnight. I haven't had to watch them very much, just popped in every 20 minutes or so and peered in through the window in between.

Which means that today we (well mostly my hubby :oops:) have managed to:

1) Put a new run on the front shed where these 2 will be living and a cat flap joining it up - neutral ground to start off with :D

2) White vinegared the shed that Pickles lived in;

3) Put a tube connecting Sweep and Merry's hutch and run to join up to Pickle's old shed so that they now have 5 * accommodation;

4) Sorted all of my bunny and guinea pig paraphanalia out (well sort of!);

5) Had a good tidy up outside;

6) Had a BBQ for tea :D

Well I'm exhausted now, don't know about the buns! :lol:

They are both GORGEOUS!!! :love:

OH also just said that the first bunny is a "Simon Cowell bunny" !! (the hair-do) :love::love::love:

Good luck with the bond!

Good luck with it all. Sounds like it is all going well and you've been very busy.

Our shed smelt like a fish and chip shop last week.:lol::lol:

They make a lovely couple BTW:love::love:

Day 2

Well - after a peaceful night the buns are now in their shed!

Can't believe how good they have been.

I have restricted the space that they have for a while, but so far so good, they seem really happy together. :love:

My poor husband, who is allergic to rabbits though is suffering quite badly today, even though they were shut in the front room overnight so I am really glad that they didn't need to be in there any longer.

He has gone off clay pigeon shooting with my son so I am opening all of the windows and cleaning the house like mad, in between running out and checking on the newlyweds!

Who needs a gym membership! :lol:

Pictures (at last!)

Finally managed to get the pictures of my hubbie's camera:

Thumper: "Get me outa here hooman!"

tn_picthump1.jpg

Finally given up man stropping, Thumper starts to settle:

tn_picthump2.jpg

This bonding business is thirsty work!

tn_picthump3.jpg

... very tiring too...

tn_picthump4.jpg

tn_picthump5.jpg

Food time - look at the size difference!

tn_picthump6.jpg

Day 2 - in the shed and eating again, or in Thumpers case wearing most of it!

tn_picthump7.jpg

Sharing...

tn_picthump8.jpg

Pickles (in their new run): "Well, I don't know what all the fuss was about!" Now that is what you call a disapproving face!

tn_picthump9.jpg

Back