• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scared to add it all up!

isla

Mama Doe
I was chatting with my mum today about how much my 2 rabbits have cost in the 3 and a half years I have had them. And blimey!

Double hutch £50,
shed £100,
insulation £40,
neutering £30,
vac's £120 ish,
food £millions,
blooming £5 on a tiny bag of alfafa hay today,
ramdon bits of wood to build things £40,
mesh £30,
toys £200,
stuff they have distroyed £millions again,
Nunzeo being ill £150

Probably loads of other stuff, but I can't remember anything else, or I don't want to.

Anyone who says rabbits are cheap is crazy, I consider mine to be pretty cheap in comparison to some on here!

i dont want to look at this as i have 6 buns lol, i only started out with one and was gonna stop there but the person i got them off had two surpirse litters after bun got preg as soon as she gave birth so i then had one of the new babes so there was lollipop ans sherbert lol. then she said to me i still have nine buns do you want another to which i said i do not have the hutch space and she said if you take two i will give you the hutch aswell, so then came flopsy and clover lol after that i found out lollipop was a boy even though i was told all where girls and flopsy had two babies bubbles and honey ( two weeks old) so here i am now 5 hutches later one empty waitin to find out if babies are boys or girls and havin spent gudness knows wot money as i must say i spoil all my buns badly, but have also started to put money away incase of unexpected vets fees lol and just incase i need another hutch or a bigger one. i love all my buns loads they are like children to me and i must say you shud treat em so as you say they are not cheap pets and need alot of love.:love::love::love:

i've worked out for all my bunnys ive owned ive payed just under £2,000 in vet bills alone - on top of a £450+ setup,security,grooming kits,food,indoor cages.
This is why it annoys me when people think bunnys are "simple pets" simple HA the most expensive and delicate animals ever! :shock:
Luckily i think all of mine have been worth every single penny :love:

i posted how much i'd spent on mine - don't want to think about it again! although i knew pet-keeping was expensive, i'd no idea how much i'd spend on the buns or how much i'd want to spend :D

Wow, I think I'm gonna toss my cookies:

NICs - $30
x-pen - $30
Eddison - $30
Milo - $65
Neuters - $400
check-ups - $200
emergency - $200
pet deposit - $400
flea comb, brushes, etc - $50
medicine - $200
fresh veggies (weekly) - $390