• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Twickenham I am bonding Louis and Lola

janice

Wise Old Thumper
This week I am bonding Louis a mini lop with Lola a bigger lop.

I have 2 other challenges to achieve:
Find an alternative high fibre food that Louis likes so that we can stop him having a dirty bottom.
Persuad Louis that he likes to eat hay :roll:

I'll have to give Sophie some of my lovely hay from the farm Janice, that might help. I've also got a whole bunch of different sample high fibre pellets that can go over next week with them. Sure he'll soon get the hang of it!

Can't wait to see the lovely Lola and her new man. Sure their new home is going to be wonderful (and local to me hooray!).

Louis has just sent a message hoping that his mum will see the message requesting if she can buy him some Science Selective pellets, he says he thinks they are very 'yummy'

View My Video

Louis is currently wandering around after Lola, he wants to be the boss and is quite comical as he hangs onto Lola with his feet dangling in mid air.

All was very quiet over night until about 7.30 when Louis started persistently trying to hump Lola. Lola eventually got fed up of him and ended up having a go at Louis. It was the first time I have had to pull them apart, they are now lying puffed out. I cannot find any bites on them.

:wave: Hi Janice - good to see you back on the bonding :).

Good luck with this weeks pair, is that the lovely Lola from Donna'a ?

Louis and Lola

I never thought I'd see my handsome bun on the internet!

Delighted he's enjoying more nutritious food. There will be a big bag of it waiting for him on his return.

I've been keeping tabs on their progress, sounds like he's trying to enjoy himself a little too much :D

Can't wait to see them both tomorrow!

View My Video

These are 2 food territorial buns, as you can see in the picture Louis is more than happy with both A&P food and also Science Selective. He loves the natures salad dried leaves and flowers and can be pursuaded to go digging through hay to find them, sadly for him he is ending up eating bits of hay by mistake :oops:

They are now ignoring each other.

Lola has just given Louis a quick licky head but Louis all of a sudden bolted tio the other side of the pen.

Oh no! It sounds to me like Lola seems perfectly happy and Louis's having none of it! He needs to chill. Tell him to stop being such a snob and make friends.

I've been and bought a selection of play things and healthy treats for my new duo. I'm delighted he's happy with the new food! The video's are great!

Tell them both I said hi :wave:

Louis is quite partial to Oxbow hay as well. He has spent the last 10 minutes slowly munching on it which is really good news. Another thing you can do is to mix the hays he likes with normal hay.

Lola wants to be friends with him, he just seems a little highly strung. I am sure with time they will settle and he will accept that Lola is not out to hurt her.

Everything is pretty quiet, there is not too much intercommunication between them, however equally they are not fighting. Louis is still quite spooked by Lola, however he is definately slowly settling.

It looks like this is going to be a slower pairing.

Lola is very laid back and happy to flop, so I can reasonably assume that she feels comfortable with everything.

Louis and Lola are staying with me until Tuesday night to ensure that they have settled properly before they go to their lovely new home.

They definately are better today, less stamping and running away from Louis. He just needs to learn to trust his new wifey bun.

Back