• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

waste difference

tickles

Mama Doe
Well tested out with help from a good friend the carpet/fleece and towel idea for the piggies and buns and guess what i found.Apart from the fact i was astounded and shocked :shock:
we went from 8 black bin bags to not even 1 bin bag in a week.:D

well it as only been about a week i think asnt it ? and most of the buns are behaving even pound who was a handful.Mind u i need more towels and fleece i think :{.
Bu ti cant believe 8 bags down to not even a full onex

well it as only been about a week i think asnt it ? and most of the buns are behaving even pound who was a handful.Mind u i need more towels and fleece i think :{.
Bu ti cant believe 8 bags down to not even a full onex

well if you need anything from asda let me know. bath sheets for £2.25 :)havent used them yet though so not sure what they wash like :?

trying it in the washing machin but migh tbe naughty and either use the laundrette or mums washing machine.lol

I'm too scared to take my animal towels to the laundrette because they are so hairy and was worried I'd get thrown out :lol:

When the washing machine broke I had to hand wash around 6 loads a day for 2 weeks :(

arghhhhhhhh no i have visions now of me going to the river with a bar of soap and a stone lol.
Towels arnt too bad hair wise its the dreaded fleeces lol

arghhhhhhhh no i have visions now of me going to the river with a bar of soap and a stone lol.
Towels arnt too bad hair wise its the dreaded fleeces lol

just put them in an old duvet cover and tie the end up before putting them in washing machine :)

They have fleeces in poundland that are quite good :)

Just ask your friends / family for old towels. Ive got loads that way. Im taking loads down to kay this weekend when i get my bunnies :)

I'm too scared to take my animal towels to the laundrette because they are so hairy and was worried I'd get thrown out :lol:
During a very wet spell in winter I just couldn't dry the towels/blankets fast enough when Poppy was in her 'must wee on everything' phase so took a bin bag full to the Launderette to use their driers....self-service one was broken so they offered to do them for me....I was so embarrassed....they must have thought me and my OH were very hairy! :lol: But they didn't say a word....and even ironed and folded them all nicely.....i'm sure the buns were very grateful! :lol::D

When the washing machine broke I had to hand wash around 6 loads a day for 2 weeks :(

:shock::shock:!!

During a very wet spell in winter I just couldn't dry the towels/blankets fast enough when Poppy was in her 'must wee on everything' phase so took a bin bag full to the Launderette to use their driers....self-service one was broken so they offered to do them for me....I was so embarrassed....they must have thought me and my OH were very hairy! :lol: But they didn't say a word....and even ironed and folded them all nicely.....i'm sure the buns were very grateful! :lol::D

:shock::shock:!!

Maybe I could have got away with the laundrette after all, never mind :roll:

I don't know how I am going to get everything dry over winter, I'm dreading it :?

No tumble dryer here either, no washing line since a bunny ate it, have to use my neighbours :roll::lol:

How did they reach it?!! :shock: Have your bunnies been practising with stilts again?!! :lol:

Our local hardware store does some really good tough ones - let me know if you would like one and i'll try and get hold of one for you. :)

It was a rotary airer and they chewed through it in about 100 places when it was down :roll:

We need to get a proper line but need to concrete in new poles before we can put one up. Its been on our to do list for about a year :lol:

It was a rotary airer and they chewed through it in about 100 places when it was down :roll:

We need to get a proper line but need to concrete in new poles before we can put one up. Its been on our to do list for about a year :lol:

Ahh I see.....we fortunately have a high wall at the end of the garden so run a line from house to wall using loop clasps screwed into the wall - much quicker than setting poles in concrete. But I appreciate you may not have this option. I hope you manage to get something sorted for winter. :)

Only just seen this thread - sorry to sound daft but are you using towels to line the litter trays, rather than megazorb etc? Sounds interesting. Two of my girls always push the megazorb to one end of the tray and usually end up pushing it right out onto the floor!

Mind you, the waste issue isn't so bad for me now since Milton Keynes council are collecting 'green' waste weekly throughout the year - and I can put my bunny waste in the green bin.

Back