• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Appeal - Spudsey looking for new boyfriend UPDATE NO2

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
As some of you may know, me and Spudsey lost Squirrel on Monday evening. It seems like a good idea to try and find a new friend asap but I am having trouble finding a lickle boy bun. I've tried three local rescue centres and have one left to phone at the weekend. Have searched the database but can't find one suitable, and have ploughed through lots of rescue centres on the web.

Spudsey is a hand reared wildie who is 2 years old :) she's still tiny but lived quite happily with Squirrel a rescue bun from brinsley animal rescue in nottingham who was a medium breed domestic bun. His colouring was quite similar to Spudseys which is why we chose him.

It may sound silly but I didn't want to put another bunny with Spuds that looked too different, ideally an agouti bunny would be ideal.

Please let me know if you have a bunny that may be suitable!

Spudsey by the way is doing ok, she's been eating etc so thats good, but this morning she seemed a bit jumpy in her hutch so will keep even more of an eye on her than what i am doing.

Last edited:
Have you thought about a trio? :love: Scout and Twitch have been looking a fab home for nearly a year now Link1 Link2

The seem like they have part wildie in them too, their very inquisite, nosey and love their outdoor setup (no longer the 3tier it mentions on the webpages).

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

Scout (the grey) also has decided to turn more light creamy coloured after her moult (the last time I saw her:lol:) and looks stunning with those big eyes :love::love:

I did see these two on the database, they are both lovely :) Really not sure about bonding a trio though! It was scary enough (for both me and Spudsey!) when I bonded her with Squirrel. Think I'm concerned about the female being jealous with another new female but have no experience of this so have no idea!

I did see these two on the database, they are both lovely :) Really not sure about bonding a trio though! It was scary enough (for both me and Spudsey!) when I bonded her with Squirrel. Think I'm concerned about the female being jealous with another new female but have no experience of this so have no idea!

Think it depends on the individual rabbits, more people here probably have good stories about trios :D Nothings impossible ;):lol:

I had a trio which worked well although it is then v tempting to move up to a 4:oops:

:lol: I can imagine. Can I please ask, how are rabbits when there are more than two...obviously with my two they had a lovely closeness to each other where they used to cuddle up, nose rub, lick each other etc. Squirrel used to stick his head under spudsey's even when she was trying to have a drink to get more attention :) do you still get this when you have more?

We have little Colin cupcake who was neutered on 02/09..he is fully vacs
although looks black ahs some dark agouti which shows in certain lights..honest!:lol:
He is still very small and will stay that way..he desperately needs a friend to teach him how to run and jump
ccca.jpg

not too far from you either;)

:lol: I can imagine. Can I please ask, how are rabbits when there are more than two...obviously with my two they had a lovely closeness to each other where they used to cuddle up, nose rub, lick each other etc. Squirrel used to stick his head under spudsey's even when she was trying to have a drink to get more attention :) do you still get this when you have more?

mine form 2 main pairs, the little ninjas (rosie puffball & kung fu panda) and the laidback lackies (sooty and honey). Each tends to hang out in their own little gang but will sometimes meet up for group hugs and sometimes swap partners.

I will say that trios are the most likely combination to be a problem. One is often left out and there can be fighting. My preferred is 2, then 4 & after that it doesn't seem to matter.

gosh so many lovely bunnies :love: thanks for info on them and also experiences of trios.

I have just rang rabbit rescue in northampton and there is an agouti bunny there! :D So excited, he is due to be neutered next week and I've asked if i can see him tomorrow as i can't wait that long :oops:

I will keep you posted, there are a couple of other male buns, but either dutch or lionhead and i really want to put her with a similar bun if i can. If no joy will most certainly think about some of the ones on here that you have all shown me :)

We have little Colin cupcake who was neutered on 02/09..he is fully vacs
although looks black ahs some dark agouti which shows in certain lights..honest!:lol:
He is still very small and will stay that way..he desperately needs a friend to teach him how to run and jump
ccca.jpg

not too far from you either;)

I believe you :lol:

Back