• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Seeking Older Male Bunny

Sarah

Mama Doe
My little Bette lost her friend Benjamin this evening. Bette lived with Stanley for four years until his death and did not do well on her own at all so was bonded quite quickly afterwards with Benjamin. Bette is at least eight years old, is a very very sweet little bun, spayed and vaccinated. Unfortunately at the moment I wil not have much time to look as I am nursing my little Nethie, Misty, who was attacked through the mesh of her run by my neighbour's cat on Sunday night (he managed to grab some fur as she was near the side of the run and she kicked out and injured her back). Misty has lost the use of her back legs so is coming to work with me every day at the moment. It has been a truly awful week :(

My partner volunteers at our local rescue on a Saturday and I am fairly sure they don't have any older buns in - if anyone knows of an 6/7+ bunny please let me know. I am conscious that Bette is not getting any younger (she came from the same rescue as Jay and John's Wilbur in 2004) and with the colder weather coming I would like to see her settled again. Thanks very much.

Thank you for your replies. My partner volunteers with the buns up at North Clwyd and I know the ladies who look after the buns there - six of my current bunnies are ex North Clwyd residents! I am really looking for an older bunny -Benjamin was probably around 6/7 so around that age. I may possibly try Bette with one of my pairs otherwise.

Little Bette is still looking, she has had one date so far (at NCAR) which did not go well so still looking for an older bun - I would be more than happy to offer a home to a special needs/dental bun, so long as she is happy that is all I ask :love:

Aren't they already in bonded pairs (I could be missing something though, been up really early :lol:)

I think they mostly are but its worth asking especially if they are same sex unneutered pairs there may be a few unhappy bonds there. A bunny run could always be organised if you saw somebun further afield that you liked

Back