• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Livid...stupid vet! U/D photo of Truffle post 44

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
I'm posting on behalf of another member! She has a little boy bunny Truffle she took him to be neutered last Fri and got a phone call mid morn to say he was a she!!! This is after they sexed him during vacs etc! My friend didn't want to go ahead with the spay as she wanted a complete 3 days to care for a spayed bun! So poor ol' Truffle came home and went back to be spayed today! Mid morn another call they had cut Truffle open to discover She is a he afterall! We are spitting feathers poor little soul all that pain for no reason! Truffle is 5months so surely they should have known!!!!

Last edited:
Penrose & Partners at Highwoods Colchester! If only Spring Lodge was closer although I think for anything other than jabs I will be taking mine there! When Daisy was spayed Penrose 'forgot' her metaclop jab thank god for the info Ive learnt on here!

Penrose & Partners at Highwoods Colchester! If only Spring Lodge was closer although I think for anything other than jabs I will be taking mine there! When Daisy was spayed Penrose 'forgot' her metaclop jab thank god for the info Ive learnt on here!

.... you just want to steal my Damian :(

I bet Damian wouldn't have made a mistake like that ;)

She's taking names and is gonna report them! I just feel so bad for Truffle he was skipping around yesterday so happy with life :(

ETA I wouldn't pay either and Id expect some free metacam to take home as well!

Last edited:
that's the worst example of incompetence I've ever heard - even when their boy bits havn't appeared yet it's possible to sex a rabbit from...uhhh...the bits that *are* there - surely a vet should be competent at this?!

Back