• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anybun had runs after myxi jab?

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
eric has recently been eating more hay than ever and has had such fab poops (sorry for rating his poo:oops:).

yesterday he had a dental check (no major probs:)) and his 6 monthly myxi jab. just noticed a couple of big squidgy poo's and a blob of it.

have any of your buns had a tum reaction to the myxi jab? or could it just have been stress from his vet trip?:?

I'm interested in the responses on this thread. My buns had their myxi jab on monday and I have noticed some squidgy poops in the mornings since then :?

I'm interested in the responses on this thread. My buns had their myxi jab on monday and I have noticed some squidgy poops in the mornings since then :?

how odd. i'm hoping someone may come along soon to advise whether i need to do a couple of hay only days tho. i will do that for now anyway.

he does seem a little more tired too:?

Yep - my Pop - dental nethie did in Jun when he had his jab. He's very delicate though :?

I vaguely remember the group having an issue last year - but I think I assumed it was veg:?:?

Yep - my Pop - dental nethie did in Jun when he had his jab. He's very delicate though :?

I vaguely remember the group having an issue last year - but I think I assumed it was veg:?:?

ahhhhh. eric's a dental nethie too - with a very delicate tum (esp when it comes to fresh farm hay:?). doubt its his veg as i didn't go shopping yesterday so what is in the fridge, he'd been eating all week with no probs.

thanks angie:D

no worries :D just remembered seeing it a while ago and thought it might be useful, it seems so odd though, I wonder how a vaccination could affect their guts :? :? :?

who knows - some horrible substance being injected must have an effect tho - maybe if the particular bun has gut issues, they're more likely to be affected:? i wondered if the stress of going may have sent eric a bit wonky but i've not known vet trips alone start an episode, just this time with the myxi vac.

I would not entirely rule out 'stress' alone to cause an acute caecal upset, but transitory once they have recovered from the stress.
For example, when Nino had his bloat on Monday evening, Poppy accompanied him to the vets. She was left alone the whole time and merely sat in the carrier on the vets table. The next day she produced a huge excess caecotroph - she has not done one like this for atleast a year - her guts are well balanced these days and it is rare to ever find any excess caecotrophs even with her our sensitive tum bunny. The ONLY thing that could have caused this momentary acute upset in her caecum was the stress of the trip to the vet the day before. Never underestimate the 'stress factor' !:wave:
I'm not saying however that Myxi vaccines can not cause an acute dysbiosis either....I think anything is possible.

I would not entirely rule out 'stress' alone to cause an acute caecal upset, but transitory once they have recovered from the stress.
For example, when Nino had his bloat on Monday evening, Poppy accompanied him to the vets. She was left alone the whole time and merely sat in the carrier on the vets table. The next day she produced a huge excess caecotroph - she has not done one like this for atleast a year - her guts are well balanced these days and it is rare to ever find any excess caecotrophs even with her our sensitive tum bunny. The ONLY thing that could have caused this momentary acute upset in her caecum was the stress of the trip to the vet the day before. Never underestimate the 'stress factor' !:wave:
I'm not saying however that Myxi vaccines can not cause an acute dysbiosis either....I think anything is possible.

Snap! Just what I was going to say. Stress from the the car trip to the vets, being in the vets and having an injection, all abit scary for a little bun. Mine get poorley tums after a trip to the dreaded vets.

very interesting, thank you. hope both of your buns are doing ok now:D

eric seems ok with his normal poo and he has been eating what must be the better smelling ones. he's chomping on lots of hay now so hopefully it will pass soon.

eric goes mad when he sees his carrier - how much am i dreading this weekend with his possible 'date':roll:

Snap! Just what I was going to say. Stress from the the car trip to the vets, being in the vets and having an injection, all abit scary for a little bun. Mine get poorley tums after a trip to the dreaded vets.

wish they would do home visits for everything:p

Back