• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6ft hutch on ebay

I do quite like this hutch but it would of been better if they had made it deeper and taller so that each level was 6ft x 2ft x 2ft. With ramped hutches you do tend to lose a lot of floor space. You also need a bit more height as bunnys love to periscope and look about.

A lot of the members on here have this one which I think would be much better for the money:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6ft-SYKES-MASIVE-Rabbit-Guinea-Pig-Hutch-Run-Combo_W0QQitemZ350248266699QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals?hash=item518c6c6bcb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Looks good to me depending on the quality. I think you will still need a run attached as the atcual run area isnt that big. It might be worth looking at sheds if you have the space as they are around the same price for a 6 x 4 :)

I had looked at that other one too, I'm just going round and round in circles at the moment! I am also looking at getting an additional run, should I go with the 3 tier one. I am concerned about the quality, as I obviously can't see it before buying.

The positives about the hutch are that it is 6 foot and it has levels which increases the space that the rabbit has access to. Another positive is that the hutch also has bolts.

The negatives are that it is only 20 inches deep which means that on each level there is a lot of lost floor space to accomodate the hole and the ramp. Each floor is only 20 inches high which means a normal upeared rabbit will hit its ears on the cieling and will not have adequate space to stretch upwards. Whilst a lop eared bun will not have the problem of touching the roof it will also have limited space to stretch upwards. The wood that these hutches are made from is very soft, I have one made from this wood for my guineapigs and whilst they dont really chew they are doing a good job of exposing the wire on it which ultimately will make the hutch unusuable.

I feel that whilst the hutch is cheap in the long run you will end up having to replace it sooner rather than later. With hutches you usually get what you pay for.

If you live anywhere in Surrey, Middlesex, SW London or Berkshire ARC have a number of sheds / wendy houses and hutch ideas which may inspire you which you would be welcome to visit to get ideas of what you can do without spending a fortune. If you do want more information please let me know.

I think a shed would be a much better idea as I find them bigger and much easier to clean. I would definitely speak to the rescue you intend to use before getting any accommodation as different rescues have different requirements and getting the wrong set-up could prove expensive to put right.

Back