• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petal is crazy

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
Lately petal is getting really bad for being territoral and unpredicatable. so much so i'm getting scared when she's running around the house. i set her into the run last night for a munch whilst i cleaned her out and when i went back over to pet her she was lunging at my hand. i hadn't been anyway near ted or theo so their smell wasn't one me. but even in her hutch she is really bad. i set in a toilet roll tube for her to play with and she attacked it :shock:, really don't know what to do with her. i have thought of hanging a mirror up in the hutch but really don't think that would help. she could be bored but i'm scared to even think about putting a friend with her. she's attack two rabbits (ted and poor Ralph) i've tried all the usual tricks but they usually make her even more mad. like she's the sweetest bun at time and will groom you but you just never know when she'll launch at you. sorry pointless thread just hoping i'll get some inspiration to help her.

How long have you had Theo now? I would be surprised if it was unrelated. She will know he's around.
You need to be careful your reaction doesn't reinforce the behaviour, so wear gardening gloves/wellies and try not to react.
A vet check up may be worthwhile as sometimes unusual aggression is triggered by pain somewhere.
Another (hopefully unlikely) possibility is that some uterine tissue was left behind when she was spayed, and is making her hormonal- watch out for nesting behaviour
Otherwise, distract her with some food before going into her territory xx

had theo two weeks now. but i've hardly been touching him with him now bonded to ted and their both in the garage out of the way. really don't think she's in pain cos she's jumping about pretty much as usual. i do think your right there about the harmonal issue but just sort of thought she maybe has still some maturing to do. it's so hard to know. wellies would be a good idea, i just put the carrier in last night and let her hop into it. i really want to help you know. thing is theres been badly treated rabbits that wouldn't be so nasty as her, my husband thinks i spoil her too much but i wouldnn't be nasty to her. anytime she's bitten me i've just put her back or closed to door and walked away.

Back