• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Rex Aged 8+ Years ?

But Jane, your buns are so unique that they will prove normal statistics wrong and live for ages :)

8 is quite elderly for any breed of rabbit, some individuals are wanted at the Bridge sooner.
I'm sure they'll fight strong until it's their time.

My Orange Rex Kellogg lived past his ninth birthday :)

Awwwwww that is good to know :)

I wasnt really thinking along the lines of 'Oh dear they are 7-8 now......' but I am just curious to hear of any very elderly Rexes.
The oldest Bun I have had was a 13 year old Mini Lop. I somehow doubt that a Rex could live to be 13. I remain convinced that many of them are even more 'delicate' than other Buns :?

not got a rex im afraid, but i have a chelsea..she is a mottly sortv chinchilla colour and moults like no rabbit we know she never stops moulting and has such a thick coat!!!!!! se is now 11yrs. :D and she is a rescue bunny too!

also coco is a black lionhead/dog cross lol 7yrs and (fingers crossed) he will be getting a 6yr old partner who is a lionhead cross soon.

oh and 1 more oldie who made it to 10yrs before going to the bridge was mums rescue bunny sooty...a black sleek uppy eared bunny,.

hope all your bunnys go on and on and on for many years to come jane .

I've got an 8 year old rex cross (or at least I was told she was a rex cross), but she hasn't got a proper rex coat, and I have no idea what she's crossed with.

I reckon any largish bun is lucky to live beyond 8 years...5 years is old for a giant! Most long lived rabbits tend to be nethies and other small breeds

I've got an 8 year old rex cross (or at least I was told she was a rex cross), but she hasn't got a proper rex coat, and I have no idea what she's crossed with.

I reckon any largish bun is lucky to live beyond 8 years...5 years is old for a giant! Most long lived rabbits tend to be nethies and other small breeds

What are NZ whites?

My Alistair must be 6 or thereabouts - but he does look old & ragged now:cry: He sleeps a lot. :love:

I lost Flint a few months ago at the age of 7 years :( He was oldest Rex, lost all the others betwen 18 months and 3 years :?

My French lop is now over 7 years :D

sadly my rex Poppy died VERY suddenly and unexpectedly from a mystery illness at 3 -4 years...I can only hope it was a "rex thing" and not something I did wrong. :cry:

It does seem that rexes are somewhat delicate but with all your experience I'm sure miss Bunny Penny and Lara will have a better chance than most of living to a ripe old age. :)

Back