• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Large Rabbit Pen

sidereus7

Mama Doe
Does anyone know where I could buy a fairly large rabbit pen? Something like 7' x 5'? Or a way I could make one cheaply enough?

Thanks! :wave:

Probably a daft question but couldn't you just get two small ones and join them together?

And remove two of the walls? I thought pens were four closed walls. But I've never had a run or anything like that before (free range buns), so it's probably a silly question. :oops:

Most pens arrive flatpack so you can just not screw one of the ends onto each run. Instead, push them together, drill some holes through both bits of wood and bolt them together :)

Ahhh I was thinking of indoor pens....were you meaning more like an outdoor run type thing?

Oh this is getting complicated! :lol:

I should've just stated what I vaguely wanted. I have one bedroom that is dedicated the bunnies, but my rabbits chew on flat walls. So I wanted to get kind of like an "indoor fence" to still give them the whole room to run around, but block off the walls.

Any ideas? I'm currently using NIC cube panels, but they're not sturdy enough, and I want something that looks prettier. :)

Oh this is getting complicated! :lol:

I should've just stated what I vaguely wanted. I have one bedroom that is dedicated the bunnies, but my rabbits chew on flat walls. So I wanted to get kind of like an "indoor fence" to still give them the whole room to run around, but block off the walls.

Any ideas? I'm currently using NIC cube panels, but they're not sturdy enough, and I want something that looks prettier. :)

If you get something like this:

http://www.petsathome.com/find/keyword-is-play+pen/product-is-17434

You will find you have 8 panels joined in a line, not into a square or circle. You can then fasten them into a closed shape using string/cable ties/whatever you fancy. I used to have one attached to my dog crate but the crate was annoying so i just got two sets of panels and joined them together to make an uber pen :D :D it doesn't look particularly pretty tbh but it does the job. i would take a pic but I'm packing and there's **** everywhere :lol:

hope that made sense....just say if not!

Last edited:
Back