• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I think Kitt is going in to stasis =[

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
He has just eaten his vege with no problems but after he has finished his stomach has started producing really loud rumbling noises. I have just massaged his belly and the rumbling isn't as bad, he doesn't appear to be in any discomfort... he is inside and should be warm enough in my room.

Should I monitor him over night and take him to the vets in the morning? Baring in mind he has just eaten and has been eating hay all day

I'm worried xx

Well that is strange.. his tummy feels fine now, it's not hard, he is eating hay and the noises have stopped!! All I did was massage his little belly as it was hard? xx

he was probably just digesting his food :) I often hear funny sounds coming from my buns tums,!:lol: glad he is okay!

If it was me I would've given Infacol just to be on the safe side. But just keep an eye on him. If he's his normal self then see how he is in the morning.

Sounds like he had a bit of gas that you shifted by rubbing his tummy. Keep a close eye on him. As long as he's eating and pooping throughout the night he's probably ok. If it happens again and he doesn't respond to a tummy rub and/or refuses food then he will need to see a vet urgently. But it sounds like he's ok now.

Rabbits have normal and abnormal bowel sounds - they can be difficult to differentiate sometimes. A full stomach will also feel hard, but a gassy stomach will feel distended and hard. It's something you get used to over time of feeling your buns tummy.

Just keep an eye on him overnight.

It's pretty hard for me to tell if he's pooping as he lives with his girlfriend bun Cleo... he is eating loads of hay though and I can't hear the noises anymore.

If he's still eating does that mean he's ok?

xx

Hi, i would say signs are good if he is eating, from experience a bun going in to statis will not want to eat. Plus if food is going in then if there is no blockage it will come back out.
If he has a normal feeling and souning tum then that is good too, i would have thought he would let you know if he was feeling discomfort.

Back