• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccination question

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I usually have myxi done every 6 months which was due mon,The first time i can get them vets is thur (tommo) but then there going into boarding the next day,Im just worried if they have any kind of reaction i dont want them being poorly will it be ok to leave it untill im home in a week?

I usually have myxi done every 6 months which was due mon,The first time i can get them vets is thur (tommo) but then there going into boarding the next day,Im just worried if they have any kind of reaction i dont want them being poorly will it be ok to leave it untill im home in a week?

I personally wouldn't vaccinate before a stress change like boarding. But then I know that a lot of boarders, from what i've read on their websites, will not take a bunny who is not up to date with his vaccinations. :?
I think it would be best for your bunnies to wait until they are home from boarding and settled in before vaccinating, but that's just my opinion. :)

I personally wouldn't vaccinate before a stress change like boarding. But then I know that a lot of boarders, from what i've read on their websites, will not take a bunny who is not up to date with his vaccinations. :?
I think it would be best for your bunnies to wait until they are home from boarding and settled in before vaccinating, but that's just my opinion. :)

Most only ask for it to be done yearly so in that case it is up to date:? The boarding wil take them

Yes just hoping all the ******* are ok:lol: especially Vinnie

Lots of hay tomorrow for Vinnie to kick start his gut motility, am sure with other bunny company for reassurance he'll be ok. Probably wise to warn your boarder that he is prone to stasis and they will need to monitor his food intake and droppings output for you.

Lots of hay tomorrow for Vinnie to kick start his gut motility, am sure with other bunny company for reassurance he'll be ok. Probably wise to warn your boarder that he is prone to stasis and they will need to monitor his food intake and droppings output for you.

Hes not going to boarding him and Miffy are going to my friend shes a vet nurse so knows all about him and his dodgy tummy!!!!!

I agree with waiting. The vaccination takes 14 day to take effect anyway so they wouldn't be covered for the boarding period

Back