• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The soppiest bunny ever

SuzieBlue

Young Bun
Hi, I had to share this! I got an afternoon off work yesterday, and went home mid-afternoon which is unusual during the week - not normally home till 5pm. Nermal, my 10-month old mini lop, just hangs out in my (bunny-proof) room all day with the door shut, and sleeps under the bed. When I opened my bedroom door he shot out from under the bed and started trying to climb up my leg! I picked him up and he snuggled his face into my neck and fell asleep again.

I like to think he was just really pleased and surprised that someone was home during the day - he stayed like that for ages! It was the cutest thing - even when I put him down he followed me around the house (he only gets out into the rest of the house when I'm in).

I feel quite bad that he's on his own all day, but he's got company all evening and night, so I know he's not really lonely, i think i'm just a bit of a sap!

Is this kind of behaviour more likely in certain breeds? Just wondered as the lady I got him from said that most of her rabbits, who are all mini lops, are pretty confident around people and love attention, and can be easily trained. Just wondered. :)

I've heard that mini lops are the most human loving and it's certainly true with my three, the lops are more trusting and will sit quietly.

Back