• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilemma - Opinions needed please

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
I am having a hard time deciding what is best to do about Posys spay and rebonding.

My long term plan was to have Posy spayed when she was 6 months old and then in the spring bond all 4 together and get them a lovely wendy house and run instead of the hutches they are in now.

Since Peter and Posy have had a fight I have had to separate them. I asked around yesterday and there are vets that will do a spay at 5 months if Posy is mature enough. My worry with this is that I know she was born in April but I dont know if it was the 1st or the 30th so its hard to know just how old she is. As its not a medical emergency and she is very small still I would prefer to be cautious and wait till October to have her spayed.

This would mean that she and Peter will have to stay separated until the end of October which would mean a full on rebonding then.

So now I am thinking that perhaps its best to bond all 4 at the end of October rather than putting Peter and Posy through 2 bonding again. Poor Peter has already been through 2 since May after losing Mopsy.

I couldnt get the wendy house till the spring but I could modify the existing hutches to work for 4 till then. This would also mean that I would have a chance to see if the bonding was going to work before getting rid of their hutches.

I really am not sure what to do for the best. Peter and Posy are just a bar apart and still seem as happy as ever.

Any opinions? Sorry for the long post.

I would let Posy's hormones settle after spaying and bond all four, like you said its pointless putting them and yourself through the stress twice. You'll need to take some days off work though, four is a handful but so worth it if it works x

Back