• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your bunnies use water to wash themselves?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I have just watched Snowdrop spend ten minutes drinking water from a bowl, spit it onto her hands and then wash herself with it! They dont usually have a bowl so she is fascinated by it!

Both Barney and Roxy dip their paws in the bowl and wash themselves. Barney is dead cute though because he'll have a slurp of water and then groom Roxy :love:

My rabbits put their paws in their water bowls but just because they are clumsy :lol:

One of my hamsters used to put her paw on the water bottle ball, let out the water onto her head and then wash herself though, if that counts :lol:

My rabbits put their paws in their water bowls but just because they are clumsy :lol:

One of my hamsters used to put her paw on the water bottle ball, let out the water onto her head and then wash herself though, if that counts :lol:

monty used to do that too! must be a hammy thing!:lol:

awww how cute!!!

our mini lop oscar always used to dip his front paws in his water bowl then wash his face several times..soooo cute!!
then he was bonded to bif and she did tht job for him:love:

cant belive hes been gone 3 years now.....

monty used to do that too! must be a hammy thing!:lol:

here here frank does that except im not sure he knows when to stop as he emptys the ENTIRE water bottle over his head.... then sit there washing.... and if i dont fill the bottle straight away for him to drink from he bites the bottle like mad as soon as he has finished washing :roll:

rabbit wish yes iv seen ours do this but the main one i was going to say was chelsea she will sit in the rain and allow herself to get quite wet but not sodden through to skin then sit there washing i think she finds it easier sometimes due to her athritus! x

Hmm i havent seen Alfie use his bowl for cleaning (my other two have bottles) but he does somehow manage to wee in it!! It's quite a high sided bowl so how he manages it is anyone's guess!:roll::roll::lol::lol:

I've seen Daisy do it a couple of times, but her usual water trick is binkying past/into the water bowl and flicking water all over me :roll: :lol:

Flora likes to do this too:D.
She also likes to put her greens in the water bowl, then toss them out.

Back