• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!!

Dan 13

Young Bun
Evening!

I decided it would be polite to introduce myself as I have been lurking for a bit recently!

We (me and my wife) rescued a male dutch rabbit not long since called biscuit. He is about 18 month old and black and white. As soon as we got him we knew that we wanted to get a friend for him so we booked him in to be neutered straight away!

This site has been great for infomation and advice and it has helped us out no end! There seems to be a great collection of extrememly knoledgeable people always willing to help out!

We had been looking to adopt a female for him from a rescue and had no intention of buying a friend for him after finding out just how many are stuck in rescues! The problem was all the local rescues seemed to have a shortage of single females!

Anyway we found an 18 month old gorgeous girlfriend for him who had been rescued from somebody who was going to dump her in some woods after having a litter!

She is stunning and had to come home with us!! Again after things read on here she was booked in to be spayed which went fine and she was great after eating and drinking with no problems.

We have now introduced them after searching through this site for ideas and reccomendations on the best ways to go about it!

They get on really well and were grooming each other after hardly any time we really had no problems bonding them!

A long post I know but I felt I should say hi and again say how fantastic this site is!!

Pictures will follow!

:wave:

BunnehsandTempleNewsam009.jpg
[/IMG]

Hello Dan, wife, biscuit and wifeybun. Welcome to RU :D

Your rabbits look gorgeous and it's great to hear that you have found this site so useful. I have been a member for nearly a year now and have found the information and advice given to be priceless.

I have a bonded group of 5 bunnies that includes 3 dutchies, 1 nethy and a lop of some kind:roll: The nethy was bought from a pet shop but then we started to learn all about rescues and the remainder of the group have been rescue bunnies from Fat Fluffs here in the Midlands.

Hope to see more of your gorgeous bunnies :wave:

:wave:Welcome to RU! This is a great place for information and to chat to like-minded people. What lovely rabbits :love: especially the little dutchie.

The Dutch boy is Biscuit and wifeybun is May!

Which leads me onto a question. I assumed May was just a dwarf lop. The vet referred to her colouring as Magpie and whenever I see Magpie I see harlequin mentioned too.

I'm guessing she is some sort of harlequin lop cross maybe? :?

Thanks for the lovely welcome I will try and get more pics.

:D

The Dutch boy is Biscuit and wifeybun is May!

Which leads me onto a question. I assumed May was just a dwarf lop. The vet referred to her colouring as Magpie and whenever I see Magpie I see harlequin mentioned too.

I'm guessing she is some sort of harlequin lop cross maybe? :?

Thanks for the lovely welcome I will try and get more pics.

:D

You get 2 types of harlequins. The orange/black/white ones which are just harlequin, and magpie harlequins which are black & white :)
My first bunny was a harlequin dwarf lop called Biscuit :) She was amazing!
Your bunnies are so beautiful x

Back