• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Lucy please - u/d she's gone

cherylwares

Mama Doe
Hello,

I could really do with some vibes for Lucy - I had to take her to the emergency vet yesterday as she was displaying symptoms of gut stasis. On there say-so I brought her home last night and did the syringe feeding etc, and took her back to my normal vet today.

She is not responding to treatment, despite being on a drip, having various injections and pain relief and being syringe fed. :cry:

We're going to see how she goes overnight and then assess the best course of action in the morning. Im just praying that she starts to recover as I mjiss her being around, as does her sister Poppy. :cry:

Any spare vibes will be gratefully received.

Last edited:
Oh dear i'm so sorry :( Vibes for Lucy and hope she pulls through this :) x

p.s. if you feel she's got some fight left in her then don't give up until you're ready, sometimes getting the guts moving again can take up to a week in bad cases....obviously you and your vet know best what is going on so am just sending lots of get well vibes and hoping she picks up overnight tonight x

Thank you all for your kind words - unfortunately, as you can see from the title, my poor baby left us this morning.

The vet said that she seemed to be perking up a little, although not reacting as positively to the treatment as she would have expected. We were going to see how she went today and discuss again this evening. They were going to move her to a bigger cage so she could move around a little more, which she was showing signs of wanting to do.

Five minutes later the vet called back to say that she had gone :cry::cry:

The vet did a PM as she wanted to find out herself what had happened, and discovered that my beautiful baby had a massive tumour inside, which would have been inoperable. :(:(

I can't believe that she's gone and that she showed no signs of being unwell up until a couple of days ago. I'm going to miss her so much. :cry::cry:

I'm so sorry for your loss x

Can empathise with you as last Wednesday we had to have one of our dogs PTS as he had lymphoma, he was 6 and had gone in for an xray for a gut obstruction, had no idea.

I know you're hurting now, but try to think of the good times and how happy and healthy she is now at the Bridge x

Back