• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bun pine for you while you're away?

andic

Mama Doe
....Just wondered.....
We've been away for the weekend. On Saturday morning Audrey was refusing food, refused to come out of the cage, and looked very lethargic. :(
Luckily enough my parents know what to do in such situations (i.e. chase her about, try her with anything to get her eating again...etc) and kept me informed. THey booked her in for the vets that evening, just in case......they went back to see her about 4 on Saturday and she was back to normal!!!:):)
She's been fine ever since, she's done this on about 3 seperate occasions when we've been away.

...just wondered if anyone thought it could be that she was pining for us, with a change of a routine etc while we are away, or whether any of you had experienced anything similar.....?

thanks

Yes! Poppy used to do this nearly everytime we went away...she hasn't the last couple of times. She was fine as soon as we came back, but she did sulk for a few days :roll: She is better if they all go to my parents rather than leaving them at home and getting my parents to check on them.

Last year they did-Daisy is an outdoor bunny but last year she got in the house and would go out-my son reckoned she was looking for me.When I got home she was so excited to see me.This year I think they both had the hump with me as they wouldnt come and greet me in the garden etc.:roll:

When I went away, I only had my Barney-bun... He stayed at my auntie's home, down the road... It broke my heart leaving him there because we took his hutch down first, but he was desperatedly trying to scrabble out of it to get to me as I stood up to leave... And he kept tugging the glasses off my cousin's face when my cousin carried him to and from his hutch. :lol: Now, I wear glasses and he has NEVER done that... so I'm not sure what that was about exactly.

last time i was away and came home Lola was definitely in a huff. she came over to the edge of the run, looked at me and then quite slowly and deliberately turned her back to me :)

next time i was away and came bak she gave me kisses :D

I've just gone back to work after 6 weeks off and they get so excited when I come home! I miss them terribly when I'm not at home.

My mum said that they sulked today because they only had the run (6X3) tto go in while she went shopping. Apparently Inky turned his back on her when she offered him a handful of grass:lol:!

Nope mine went to stay with their auntie Hilda (capel) and did not want to come home when I went to pick them up :( Great to know they are well looked after though :D

hmmm im not sure. My buns dont pine for me but they are happy when i come back :)

I run boarding and ive had a guinea pig stay who when his owner came back, he climbed onto the little boys lap and was wheeking like crazy and nuding his hand, he was so happy to see him it was unreal! i couldnt believe it!

Weve never had bunnies pine for their owners, we have had a few that take a day to settle and be relaxed but no more than that :)

Mine tend to make a lot of mess when I am away. We have friends who come in and let them out for half an hour or so each day and give them strokies.

well, Bouddica off here, her buns come to stay and every single time Daisy makes a catastrophic mess the first day in protest, it literally looks like a bombs gone off, but by day 2 she is fine again! :lol::lol:

Last time I went away Nunzeo refused to eat so ended up at the vet. I don't think its pining, just that he doesn't like anyone else (esp men) feeding him. Abbey was fine, apart from getting a bit grumpy that she had to go to the vet to keep Nunzeo company.

Its worrying, because I have to go to where we are moving too and leave them with my dad :shock: haven't got a choice, as I have to build where they are going to live.

Teddy sulk if I leave him for more than a day! He refuses to be hand fed for about 3 hours when I return and sits, glaring at me! Then when he's had enough he comes over and DEMANDS hugs and nose rubs!

I think it's because I'm generally here 24/7 (being a stay at home mum) so when I go out he misses me. Then again I might be humanising him. I have a feeling he thinks that I am his "doe" as he isn't a fan of OH!

Back