• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please send vibes for bertie :(

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i have also posted in hospital section.

basically about two or more years ago bertie had an abscess on his chin which within a month had gone....and didnt come back...i wasnt aware of the whole abscess situation back then...but after looking after poor little casper till he died i had enough heart break with it.

now today berties got a rtaher swollen double chin...and it is deffo soemthing amiss and worst still the fur past his chin before his dewlap is wet:cry:

i know that means its prob a tooth root abscess but odnt want to admit its real...i want to be ignorant and surprised at the vets diagnosis but im going in with a very heavy heart. even worse as my vets away this week and the locum vet isnt very bun savvy at all...
the best hting i can do is see him with this vet and then if not happy ask whos duty tonight and take him up to the bun hospital itself.

i feel scared witless and sick to the pit of my stomach...im too scared to go back downstairs to be with him..im so stressed i dont want it to rub off on bif or bertie.:cry:

hes only been clear of his eye ulcer problem a short while after fighting it from february....:(

thank you so very much.

the vet isnt convinced its an abscess but says somethings up.....the skin is massively thickeded and sore looking all over.....he has "something" on his tongue and a sore bit one side of his mouth. she didnt examine his teeth...gave him baytril and told me to use dermisol twice daily on it and to "keep and eye on it" oh ya....do that she said....:roll:

im not happy but im elated its not an obvious abscess...but im not convinced deep down either.....aarghhhhhh

then tonite i wen t to get the dermisol cream left over from merlins skin reaction to the cylap jab...and lo and behold..its nowhere to be found..so now i gotta go back and ask for sme after all..its my fault for trying to save moeny....stupid me..now its going to be more cash getting there and the cream...slaps head.

i reallywish ellen was here to see him....:(

Vibes for Bertie - sorry not read your post properly yet - am off to bed but promise to read and reply to this thread properly tomorrow. Hope you're ok Debbie, thanks for thinking of Nino as well. Hoping Bertie is going to be ok :) x

Poor Bertie. Sending lots of vibes. Is there anyway you can get a second opinion from another vet?

Back