• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Nino please x

prettylupin

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry all :oops:, I don't normally request this, but Nino has bloat today:-( Been coming on the last few days i'm sure of it, he's not been right for days - managed to keep it at bay until this avo :(
Would be very grateful for any spare vibes going x

oh no vicky:( im so sorry..its an awful time....ims ending all the positve healing vibes i can......have you spoken to the vet yet?

weve got a stock of mint teas..fennel teas etc whuchw e were trying with bertie tummy th eother day.....and the final thing that clinched it..was protexin fibrplex...i swear by the stuff......and so my buns..bif wold never have got through so many bouts of stasis etc without it. but fresh mint seems to be the next best thing.

i really hope things improve..soon.

hugs
debbie
xx

Everything crossed & lots of positive peristaltic & gas passing thoughts for your special bun Nino.

I'm having a similar problem with ones of my buns at the moment, so sending you positive vibes and hope he gets better soon. xxx

thank you all for your vibes and concern. excuse my typing one-handed! he's currently lying across my tummy zonked out on opiate analgesics but doing ok. no signif bloat just a little and he's passed some droppings since vet visit earlier today, no obstruction as fas as we can tell. managed to get him to eat quite a bit when we first got home but needs encourgement. had fluids from vet and oral fluids from us and drank a little from his bowl just waiting for his guts to move properly now, bit stasis again and very drowsy :( doesn't tolerate opiates well but he needed them his abdomen was so tender all over, even now he's flinchy. :( obviously very inflammed :( not holding his body heat well.
about to pop him back for some proper kip and peace and quiet with Poppy and get a few hours ourselves. thanks again for your kind thoughts and for thinking of us :) very worried about my special boy :(

Oh dear :( How's little Nino this morning? Sending vibes x

He's doing much better thank you so much for asking. :) Think the vet missed an impaction but he passed it at about 3am after getting quite bloated in the night and being given some more oral fluids and tummy rubs. It was quite difficult to counteract the effects of the opiates - he really does not tolerate them well at all. But fortunately his pain relief kept him interested in food - when we could keep him awake! :roll: and he consumed quite a lot of grass, hay and leaves and then passed the broken up mass of faeces and a little fur too. Pretty sure the fur was a result of the ileus/stasis and not the primary cause. We finally got some sleep from 4-7.30am and have just come down to find him voluntarily in his tray munching hay with more dehdryated droppings passed.....phew! I can not emphasise enough for anyone reading this the importance of pain relief and fluids - not just orally but given sub-cut or in this case with this new vet yesterday - intraperitoneal! :shock: Wasn't overly happy about that risky procedure but it did get the mass rehdyrated quickly. I'd just like to add that had the vet not whisked Nino into the treatment room to do his fluids out of my sight....which caused a bit of an argument as you can imagine!:roll: I might have questioned the route of fluids administered - however, I only discovered this when she returned with him. Still it worked and he's doing ok :) What a relief! :D

Many thanks again for all your vibes and thoughts - they did the trick! xx

He's doing much better thank you so much for asking. :) Think the vet missed an impaction but he passed it at about 3am after getting quite bloated in the night and being given some more oral fluids and tummy rubs. It was quite difficult to counteract the effects of the opiates - he really does not tolerate them well at all. But fortunately his pain relief kept him interested in food - when we could keep him awake! :roll: and he consumed quite a lot of grass, hay and leaves and then passed the broken up mass of faeces and a little fur too. Pretty sure the fur was a result of the ileus/stasis and not the primary cause. We finally got some sleep from 4-7.30am and have just come down to find him voluntarily in his tray munching hay with more dehdryated droppings passed.....phew! I can not emphasise enough for anyone reading this the importance of pain relief and fluids - not just orally but given sub-cut or in this case with this new vet yesterday - intraperitoneal! :shock: Wasn't overly happy about that risky procedure but it did get the mass rehdyrated quickly. I'd just like to add that had the vet not whisked Nino into the treatment room to do his fluids out of my sight....which caused a bit of an argument as you can imagine!:roll: I might have questioned the route of fluids administered - however, I only discovered this when she returned with him. Still it worked and he's doing ok :) What a relief! :D

Many thanks again for all your vibes and thoughts - they did the trick! xx

OMG so glad he is doing well, sounds like it has been a very LONG night for you guys.

Speedy recovery vibes on there way xx

OMG so glad he is doing well, sounds like it has been a very LONG night for you guys.

Speedy recovery vibes on there way xx

Thanks Clare :wave:

Yes I feel like the living dead! and poor Chris has gone to work just now!
Nino has just started to produce caecotrophs at last and is looking much more comfortable. I think I can get some kip now :)

Back