• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone ever used this before?

It looks like the same idea as avi pro plus, which does go in water like phoebesmummy said.

And yep you can get panacur without prescription ;).

Yup we buy it by the bottle as a 10% liquid £12.77 tis good stuff. I just wish vetuk would stock the pharmaq bottles of ivermectin. As a rescue it is much better than the darn silly pippettes you can buy in the pet shops. I may suggest it too them actually :oops:

It looks like the same idea as avi pro plus, which does go in water like phoebesmummy said.

And yep you can get panacur without prescription ;).

Blond moment**

Avipro plus is a fibre supliment? i thaught it was just pre and pro biotics :? now I confused :lol: Must be monday.

Blond moment**

Avipro plus is a fibre supliment? i thaught it was just pre and pro biotics :? now I confused :lol: Must be monday.

It says its a pro-biotic on the label, so im assuming because its a probiotic it goes in the water like the stuff i get from the vets :)

These are pellets that can be mixed with normal food. They only contain about 14% fibre I think. In my opinion they are a waste of time and money

One of my posts seems to have gone astray :?

Any hoo did some digging and found this.

A pelleted product for addition to the daily food of rabbits.

Containing fibre from several sources. Many modern diets and methods of feeding often leave the rabbit with insufficient fibre in its diet which may lead to alimentary problems, especially in the hind gut.

The beneficial microorganisms contained in this product occur naturally in the gut of all healthy animals. Probiotics colonise the gut and help exclude potentially pathogenic bacteria. The fibre content of Pro-Fibre is multi-sourced and comprises both digestible and indigestible components.

Interesting, could be a usefull product if buns will eat it.

:lol: I think we are just posting at the same time as each other. Either way thanks again for your helpfull input :D

http://www.animalmedicationdirect.co.uk/protexin-pro-fibre-small-animals-800g-c-5-p-5-pr-5682.htmlI am crusing the net looking for one supplyer for ivermectin, fibreplex, panacur and frontline (frontline for the cat dont panic) when I found this. Has anyone used it, is it like critical care or more like a supliment to add to food/water ?

If it's the same as the stuff you get in sachets then it's for sprinkling on food for helping keep the gut in tip top condition after stressful stuff such as operations :wave:

Hmm, I *think* I had protexin from my vets about 18 months ago when Muppet wasnt eating/going into statis. I just assume it was an alternative brand to fibreplex - fibre plus pro-biotics - and not for every day preventative use.

These are pellets that can be mixed with normal food. They only contain about 14% fibre I think. In my opinion they are a waste of time and money

Completely agree with Liz. I've had these before - they're pellets that look much like A&P, are very low fibre and expensive to boot. Don't waste your money. Just feed a high fibre pellet (A&P, SS, Oxbow) and add a pro-biotic to the water such as Avipro.

Mine did all eat them though - but they're just pigs :lol:

Back