• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good grief!!

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Just phone the vets about booking Posy for her spay and was told it would be £120 for the op plus the painkillers on top of that! They also will not do the op till she is 6 months old which is about 5 weeks away yet!

That sound like a lot to me. What have others paid?

I have had to separate Peter and Posy because they had a fight. Now it looks like they are going to be separate for a while.:(

I use two vets, actually in fact the cheaper of the two is fine it's just they dont usually keep in over night and they dont send bunny home with painkillers wheras the others pretty much always keep in overnight.

My cheap one is £62.50 - This only includes one injection of metacam
My expensive one is around £90 - They keep in overnight and send home with meds, however I'm unlikely to use these again for a spay/neuter as the aftercare at the cheaper one is fine. Also expensive one is 10 miles away.

i find that price is correct for bunny savvy vet in glos, but in slough i pay 68 for a spay but in saying that the vaccs ahve gone up rom £22 for both to £46 for both!!! so maybe spay price increased too? x

My vets charged £60 for Ghostie's spay. That included staying in over night and being drugged up!

both my girls was £55 each. that include the price of painkillers and checkup. they also used internal stitches and glued the wound closed too which meant less stress on them and me. at the same time you really need to make sure the vets are good rather than their price. yeah i would shop around but also make sure their a decent vets.

I have just phoned another vet in the village. They quoted £74 all in but again we are looking at a months wait and I dont know anything about them.

This is a tricky one.

I can't remember how much Daisy's spay was, but I think around £60ish. I would have used the vet I felt confident in even if it was a lot more. Sorry, not a very helpful answer probably, but I would say if your current vet is good and you trust them, maybe safest to use them if you can afford it.

none of the vets i've used would spay a doe under the age of 6 months (the males can be neutered earlier)
£70 is about average for most of the vets near me (though it can vary depending on the weight of the rabbit as this will obviously effect the amount of anesthetic used. i think the most i was charged was about £100 ..though that was to spay my conti who was nearly 8kg. £120 does sound a bit on the pricey side!)

My vets charge £53.50 including any meds needed, but I know vets in surrounding towns charge £90 to £120 :shock:

Becky can you get down to Christabel in Twickenham? She is of course very bunny savvy and she will do it at 5 months for you and its £65 for everything :D

I pay £50 for a spey,includes gut motility meds and pain relief and also a follow up visit to check theyre ok.

My vets spey at 4 months.

Back