• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

do I need to take my rabbit to the vet?

niu

New Kit
hello. I just got my rabbit 2 months ago. she is 4 months now. do I need to take her to a vet for injection to protect her from the disease.

thank you very much. hope you can understand what I am talking about. I am a foreigner. :)

hello. I just got my rabbit 2 months ago. she is 4 months now. do I need to take her to a vet for injection to protect her from the disease.

thank you very much. hope you can understand what I am talking about. I am a foreigner. :)

Which country do you live in?

She'll need myxi now and VHD two weeks after. Bunnies can have Myxi at 8 weeks and VHD from 12 weeks.

It would also be good to have a health check up and to talk about neutering/spaying.

They can actually have myxi from 6 weeks and VHD from 10 weeks, but given we do not know the country the OP lives in it is impossible to say which vaccinations are available to them :)

thank you for your reply

I live in Preston Lancashire UK.

Hiya! :wave:

I'm in Preston too! I can recommend a very good rabbit vets if you would like?

Abbey Vets have 2 surgeries in Fulwood, try their website (here) to see which is nearest to you.

:wave:

Back