• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi from Liz Lagomorph Lover in Australia

I have been on the forum a little before but thought it was time to properly introduce myself.
I have, (had) two beautiful white mini-lops Rascal and Jean Doe and live in sunny north eastern Melbourne, Australia.
Rascal and jean have been living in my garage on a nice bed of hay and free-ranging inside the house during the time I was home.

:cry: Unfortunately Jean Doe has just gone over the rainbow bridge at only 12 months old after and on and off battle with 'floppy rabbit syndrome'. She has had various bouts of it and I have managed her with and without the vet, metacamm, iv fluids and syringed heribivore criticare and normally 24 hours later she is returning to normal.
Unfortunately this time it was all to no avail and she stopped breathing at the vets.
I loved her dearly, and felt a bond so strong that I now feel a kind of heart break that is so raw and pure. The amount of joy I felt with this beautiful little being with her flying nun ears, it was a feeling that brought you to tears, like the love for a child. I will always remember my little Jean Doe, her jumps onto the bed for pats, her kindly smiley little face and loving nature.

Above all I feel guilt that maybe I could have saved her. The exotic vet said not to as she had something that physically ailed her all her life.

Why is it that the most beautiful angels in this world are sometimes ripped from us far too early?

I'm sorry to dump all of this, and as I sit here its Monday morning and I'm meant to be working with tears streaming down my face. Do others feel this really special bond with some of their rabbits. I'm worried I'll never find another pet like little Jeany.

I have been on the forum a little before but thought it was time to properly introduce myself.
I have, (had) two beautiful white mini-lops Rascal and Jean Doe and live in sunny north eastern Melbourne, Australia.
Rascal and jean have been living in my garage on a nice bed of hay and free-ranging inside the house during the time I was home.

:cry: Unfortunately Jean Doe has just gone over the rainbow bridge at only 12 months old after and on and off battle with 'floppy rabbit syndrome'. She has had various bouts of it and I have managed her with and without the vet, metacamm, iv fluids and syringed heribivore criticare and normally 24 hours later she is returning to normal.
Unfortunately this time it was all to no avail and she stopped breathing at the vets.
I loved her dearly, and felt a bond so strong that I now feel a kind of heart break that is so raw and pure. The amount of joy I felt with this beautiful little being with her flying nun ears, it was a feeling that brought you to tears, like the love for a child. I will always remember my little Jean Doe, her jumps onto the bed for pats, her kindly smiley little face and loving nature.

Above all I feel guilt that maybe I could have saved her. The exotic vet said not to as she had something that physically ailed her all her life.

Why is it that the most beautiful angels in this world are sometimes ripped from us far too early?

I'm sorry to dump all of this, and as I sit here its Monday morning and I'm meant to be working with tears streaming down my face. Do others feel this really special bond with some of their rabbits. I'm worried I'll never find another pet like little Jeany.

Keep strong

How very sad for you. After you come to terms with your loss you will find another furry to love but it will be a different love to what you shared with Jane Doe
venice

Back