• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

£3 Rabbits

Art

Young Bun
:(:(In the window of my local pet supplies shop someone is advertising dwarf lop cross rabbits 10 weeks old for £3 each:censored:, unfortunately I can't take any more on at the moment having been made redundant, it dose not say how many or what sex they are but they will obviously need mixi vhd etc.
The telephone no places them in Mansfield north Notts area any suggestions welcome.

I believe the price is the problem, it is horribly low and will encouridge the wrong sort of buyer. However, as the rabbits are not at immediate risk, im afraid the best policy is to try and forget about it :(

Whilst they don't exactly discourage impulse buys, I guess at least the owner clearly isn't in the business of breeding them for money (i.e £15 each)

Some impulsive buyers do make good owners and these bunnies need good forever homes. Hope as many as possible get a good home first time round.

It's very hard to "turn a blind eye" but you have to. Our petshop keeps males & females together older than 12 weeks, when I mentioned it they said "oh they haven't shown any interest yet", they also had guinea pigs in hamster glass cages, and tortoises in with rabbits and guinea pigs :censored: I did report that to the RSPCA. They're not the kind of people you can "advise".

If you can't ignore the advert (which I know is really hard) what you could do is ring them, maybe go and see the buns setup, then mention that you would be happy to do any homechecks? Just a suggestion, please don't shoot me down :)

How do you know they won't do home checks for the rabbits? Mine were very low in price, we carried out homechecks and asked for a reference from vets to insure there wellbeing, and they come back to me if the owner can no longer keep them for any reason :)

Whilst they don't exactly discourage impulse buys, I guess at least the owner clearly isn't in the business of breeding them for money (i.e £15 each)

Some impulsive buyers do make good owners and these bunnies need good forever homes. Hope as many as possible get a good home first time round.

i will point out you cant make money out of breeding rabbits the out goings are always higher than the in comings !

i dont think it is a problem that they are selling babies for £5 we dont know the full story they may have gone to a pet shop and bought a pregnant doe and shes given them a supprise litter
they may be doing all of the right things checking they are going to good homes etc because they are selling them cheap doesnt mean they are bad people ;)
what ever you do be careful some people may not like you interfering sugesting they are doing wrong etc

Last edited:
i will point out you cant make money out of breeding rabbits the out goings are always higher than the in comings !

i dont think it is a problem that they are selling babies for £5 we dont know the full story they may have gone to a pet shop and bought a pregnant doe and shes given them a supprise litter
they may be doing all of the right things checking they are going to good homes etc because they are selling them cheap doesnt mean they are bad people ;)
what ever you do be careful some people may not like you interfering sugesting they are doing wrong etc

Since you quoted me, was that post aimed at me directly? Because I didn't say that the person selling them wasn't a good owner :?

It was just the price really, they may already have ended up at Celias as the phone no puts them very close to there, and the add has been apparently been in the window for some time. I got no reply when I tried ringing.

Since you quoted me, was that post aimed at me directly? Because I didn't say that the person selling them wasn't a good owner :?

i qouted the fact you said I guess at least the owner clearly isn't in the business of breeding them for money (i.e £15 each) i just wanted to say you cant make money out of breeding rabbits ;)
the rest was just general :D

Last edited:
Back