• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby bunnies

Piggiesgalore

Mama Doe
Sorry for cross posting, but I think I may have put this in the wrong section (originally posted in "health" - mods please delete one of the threads if I have.

I have just received an email from the owner of one of my regular pairs of bunny boarders telling me that her doe has unexpectedly had babies. She has a boy/girl pairing, boy is neutered, girl obviously isn't.

Apparently the doe managed to get out of the run into the garden and has obviously been caught by a wildie boy. She thinks there are 4 babies, mum and her partner are still sharing the same accommodation.

I have told her all the basics and suggested she read through some of the threads on here, but is it ok to leave her male and female together with the babies - if she removes the buck she will obviously then have the issue of re-bonding them once the babies are old enough to leave mum.

Any advice gratefully received!

Back