• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should I get this checked out?

happypreso

Alpha Buck
I have a group of 4, two of them had eye problems as a baby and are now both partly blind in one eye. One of the rabbits is more effected than the other (can not see much we think).

Anyway, I noticed yesterday that the worse slighted rabbit had some 'gunk' in her eye. The eye is still open, doesn't look sore and she is still eating, drinking, pooing and behaving as normal. I have wiped all the gunk out and no more has reappeared since.

Just wondering if I should get it checked out with the vet? Like I say she doesn't look in pain or hurt etc and all seems normal but surely 'gunk' dont appear for no reason? All the other 3 rabbits look fine too.

Any thoughts please?

Last edited:
thank you I am keeping a very close eye on her but like I say all seems okay. If it does reappear then I will def get her checked out.

Thanks again :)

No problems :wave: It has been very windy later so maybe it was just a bit of dust and it will all be fine :)

Back