• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What shall I do with my old hutch...?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I have Poppy's old hutch (4x2x2) in storage in a friend's garage in Leeds...i won't ever need it again but I'm reluctant to sell it or freecycle it in case someone uses it as a permanent base for a rabbit, cos it's too small. (I know they could just go to a pet shop and buy an even smaller one, but I don't want to put another one out there, if you follow me!)

The local rescue doesn't need it, can you think of any constructive use for it?

I could always just leave it there until I have my own house again, then use it for a cupboard, but I feel mean taking up space in S's garage :)

Where about are you? i need another hutch as a base for one of my runs,They wouldnt get shut in i just need one for shelter when it rains

Marie, the hutch is in Leeds, but I am not - might be going up there soon though

Janice, I tried them, they weren't interested though sadly :(

Ruth, have you tried BARC maybe one of their fosterers could use it for piggies and a hutch run could be arranged to get it back to them;)

That's a good idea Lynne...I had ruled them out cos I can't drive but I guess if someone was going that way anyway it could be sorted out :)

I've sent BARC a message now....it's just a bit awkward cos I don't drive - a bit cheeky saying "I've got a mediocre hutch for you but you'll have to come and get it" :lol: Will see what they say though :)

Back