• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur Question..

Is there any minimum age you should Panacur a bun? I vaguely remember reading that it was 12 weeks, I can't remember...
The reason I ask is that I have just lost 2 of my babies on day 10 of their Panacur course.
No underlying health issues, and both of them were bouncing about merrily yesterday, one died yesterday afternoon (my poor boy Fiver) and another during the night, I had brought her inside because I had my suspicions.
Any ideas? I'm totally at a loss...I've lost my 2 babies :(

Just to add, with the Panacur thing, I was advised by another locum to give it, if it had been me, personally I would have rather waited until about 12 weeks. Fiver was 10 weeks (8 when started), Helli was 7 (6 when started)

Help :(

So sorry for your loss:cry:
I thought panacur was a 9 day course?
Was it the liquid or paste?
What quantity were you giving them?
I am sure they isn,t a age limit,read on here once that 3 day old kits were given it by a vet.

sorry to hear about your bunnies. poor babies.

Ruby had pancur at about 10 weeks and was fine.

So sorry for your loss:cry:
I thought panacur was a 9 day course?
Was it the liquid or paste?
What quantity were you giving them?
I am sure they isn,t a age limit,read on here once that 3 day old kits were given it by a vet.

9 days or 28 when you first do it
It was the paste
Half a measure a day, because neither weighed over 500g, this is what I was advised to do.
:?

I'm quite surprised the vet told you to start with them so young. Unless they show symptoms of E.C. then I don't think there is any imperitive reason to do a course of Panacur that soon. I would be inclined to wait until they are older but I don't have any evidence.

I'm quite surprised the vet told you to start with them so young. Unless they show symptoms of E.C. then I don't think there is any imperitive reason to do a course of Panacur that soon. I would be inclined to wait until they are older but I don't have any evidence.

This is what I thought, I did question her, but was told it was fine. She told me to do Hellibun without even seeing her, she noticed Fiver was quite skinny, which he always has been, I said about Helli being the same, she said Panacur both...
I just wish my vet would stop getting ill and need these stupid locums :(

Fidget didn't have her first dose until she was 6 months. Frankie had his as soon as i got him but he was 1 when he arrived

Back