• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My trio is no longer

Netutopia

Alpha Buck
I rebonded 3 of my bunnies about 3 weeks ago (Sweep, Merry and Thumper), they had previously lived together but I split them so that Thumper could live with Syrup instead of having a 3 and a 1. We lost Syrup at the end of July, so I decided to rebond the trio.

It was a really straightforward bonding - neutral run, bit of chasing between the boys, Merry kept out of the way. They have lived happily for 3 weeks. Yesterday I let my other bunny Pickles (French lop) on the grass at the front of the house, the trio could see her through the gate and although she didn't bother with them, they were a bit silly chasing each other around, but nothing too much.

I put Pickles back lunchtime and we went out for a couple of hours - the trio had calmed down. Came back and fed them their veg (as normal) and they were fine - Thumper and Merry eating out of the same bowl.

Once the food had gone Sweep and Merry turned on Thumper and Merry started attacking him and took a bite out of his ear :(

Thumper was terrified and I took him out of their hutch and he is now in a spare. I feel so guilty for this happening, I assume that it happened because they saw Pickles. She lives in a shed next to them but they cannot usually see each other as she has her own garden area at the back of the house.

Oh I'm sorry to hear this.i've noticed that Daisy and Loppy will chase if they actually see Ozzie,although they must know he's here as I pick him up etc.I am now so scared of bonding my trio!!:(:(

We are going to try to rebond our trio once Rufus has had the chop. It would be good to see Cookie and Smudge and Rufus cuddled up with each other again, especially as Cookie and Smudge have grown up together and not really been apart until "the fight".

Just have to wait and see.....

We are going to try to rebond our trio once Rufus has had the chop. It would be good to see Cookie and Smudge and Rufus cuddled up with each other again, especially as Cookie and Smudge have grown up together and not really been apart until "the fight".

Just have to wait and see.....

I'll keep everything crossed for you!

I know how you feel. I have had to separate Peter and Posy this wkend after they had a fight. I'm sure its because she has turned into a teenager overnight! She can't be spayed for a few weeks sadly as she is only 4 1/2 months old. They are right next to each other and can see each other through the bars so they still have some company but I hate it.:(

Back