• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going back outside after a spay!

xtine

Warren Scout
How long have you kept buns inside after a spay? my 2 live outside but have been inside with me since weds eve when they came back from the op.:wave:

I would say depends on how they are healing and how they are ingeneral. Have they been for a post op vet check yet?

It's not cold at the mo aso I would say probably somewhere between Monday night and wedneday night would be fine so you have another day or so to monitor them closely but after that shold be fine especially as they have both been done at the same time so will be just as sore as each other.

Hi, i am in the same situation, I got my bunny spayed thursday, she is in my bedroom in a small cage at the moment. I am thinking of keeping her indoors today and tomorrow and possibly putting her out maybe tuesday if it is not too cold.

I forgot to ask the vet about this yesterday when i took her for a check up (silly me) but i did ask about excercise and they said a run and not a free range of the garden would be best for a little while. Not sure if this advice is any help to you. :)

there going back in their hutch tonight. do i put the normal beading back in straw etc or do i put towels in there?

I went back to the usual carefresh with hay on top after a week - as long as stitches look fine and the tummy is getting a bit furry I'm sure that it will be okay.

yeah think i will. thank you

Can you maybe put half and half so they can choose which is most comfortable?

Mine went back outside after 24hrs because they were becoming way too frisky and wrestless to stay indoors.

Back