• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice bonding Eva and Bobbi with Stevie.

vicki267

Mama Doe
OK so I've previously done two successful bonding sessions with little hassle and I know how to go about neutral ground etc BUT I just wanted some advice on bonding Eva and her baby Bobbi with Steve. Would you put all three together at once? Would Eva likely get protective?

I obviously wont be doing it for a few weeks, one reason Steve has just had an eye op and another reason is Bobbi is 12/13 weeks old now and still only 370 grams.

Eva and Bobbi live in the kitchen and Steve in the lounge, although they cant get to each other they all seem VERY interested :?

I need to start bumping this now as I'm running out of excuses to hold off on the bond :?

Ideally I was looking to bond in about two weeks as Eva and Bobbi getting VHD week on Monday and then week days are too busy for me to bond so will need to do it on a weekend.

While you are waiting for an opportune time to bond can you place them in pens next to each other? Swap litter trays etc every day and then when you are ready - yes put all 3 together, unlikely Mum will be protective.

Thanks, they are already fairly near. They can see each other but not touch as I just wouldn't be able to move if the dog crate was next to Stevie's pen and vice versa. I would say at times they are only 1-2ft away from eachother depending on whose let out at that time.

I'll start swapping their litter trays over tomorrow, that should be interesting :lol:

Thanks, they are already fairly near. They can see each other but not touch as I just wouldn't be able to move if the dog crate was next to Stevie's pen and vice versa. I would say at times they are only 1-2ft away from eachother depending on whose let out at that time.

I'll start swapping their litter trays over tomorrow, that should be interesting :lol:

Yeah good luck also any toys food bowls etc :wave:

I've been changing their litter trays over and they all seem fine about that.

I think Stevie tried grooming Eva through the bars, at least I hope thats what it was :lol:

Bobbi is still so small, that's all I'm worried about, but I am hoping to try them together next weekend :shock:

I would wait until Bobbi has been neutered,are Eva and Stevie neutered too?

Yes they are :?

Bobbi most likely wont be able to get spayed until she is 7-8 months old as she is so small and underdeveloped, therefore that would mean me bonding Eva with Stevie on there on ASAP as he really wants a partner since losing Jet and keeping Bobbi separate and also her brother Alfie Separate until he is neutered.

One thing it's not particularly practical for me to have so many living areas, another is that if none are aggressive toward each other then why should they not have a friend(s)?

Back