• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting! U/D I have separated them

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Just went out to check on the buns and it seems like Peter and Posy have had a fight. There is fur all over the run although no one seems to be hurt. Peter was acting aggressively towards Posy and she was running away and hiding. It had only just happened as I was out there only 45 mins ago.

What do I do? I have put Peter into the run and left Posy in the hutch. I am on my own with the children and need to put them to bed in a minute.

Help! They have always been so loved up I dont know what has happened.:cry:

Last edited:
Just went out to check on the buns and it seems like Peter and Posy have had a fight. There is fur all over the run although no one seems to be hurt. Peter was acting aggressively towards Posy and she was running away and hiding. It had only just happened as I was out there only 45 mins ago.

What do I do? I have put Peter into the run and left Posy in the hutch. I am on my own with the children and need to put them to bed in a minute.

Help! They have always been so loved up I dont know what has happened.:cry:

I expect Posy is feeling hormonal and tried to hump Peter. He was having none of it and had a go at her.

Can you have them both indoors overnight in neutral SMALL territory ?
If you seperate them you'll probably have to start all over again with the bonding and until Posy is spayed that wont be easy.

At the moment they are right next to each other sitting either side of the bars. I have to take the children up now which will take about 30mins. Will they be ok like that till then? Why did this happen when O/H is out!

Ok this is what I have done. After thinking more about it I have separated them.:( I cannot watch them 24/7 and I really, really dont want them to hurt each other. They are right next to each other so they can be close but not close enough to fight.

I will be calling the vets on Monday to book her in and then I will rebond them after she recovers from her spay. I knew I was taking a risk in bonding them before her spay but they were so loved up I didnt think it would come to this.:cry:

Has anyone had a similar experience? How did the rebonding go? I hope I have done the right thing.

You will definitely have more success after the spay but you will probably need to wait a few weeks afterwards before attempting a rebond seen as they will now probably remember the fighting. You will also need to do it on completely neutral territory where neither bun has been for the best results. Good luck with it.

Back