• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple Branches - Question...

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Hi guys, we've just chopped down 3 apple trees and I'm going to store a load of branches for the buns to keep them going. I've never given them branches before and am wondering if it's ok for them to eat the whole lot or is there anything I need to be careful about?

Are they ok to eat the bark etc?

Thanks for the reply! :D

You're more than welcome to have me pot some to you if you want? Or if anyone else is more local and wants some - pop in! :D

Can you send me a PM with your address and if I have any spare I'll post some down? (I'll forget but if I get a PM it'll remind me! :D)

Owww I would love some! Darn your so far away :lol: Inless I can persuade a pal in yorkshire (not sure which part :oops: to pick them up :oops: ) :lol:

Depending on how long/thick you want them, I could post? Seems a shame to just put them in the burny-bin! :D

:wave: omg your from harrogate sorry not very often i find someone that close to me lol , if you ever want to pop over for bunny chats your more than welcome ill get the kettle on !!! ;)

:wave: omg your from harrogate sorry not very often i find someone that close to me lol , if you ever want to pop over for bunny chats your more than welcome ill get the kettle on !!! ;)

haha! :wave: where abouts are you?! (PM me if you'd prefer) :D

If you have any that your buns dont use then I would love some. Will send money for postage and make a donation to a rescue of your choice.

I've just been out pruning our apple trees so my bunsters are going to get a treat later. For some reason I totally forgot that they can have them!

If anyone is near Merseyside (Wirral) and wants so they are more than wecome to pop in for some :)

We did just this the other day - gave the apple tree a good pruning (a little early admittedly but we were losing light from the garden and were simultaneously removing nextdoor's wisteria from suffocating it!) and have now stored all the spare branches/twigs (with leaves still attached) in the warm garage for winter forage and chewing fun :D My two get through a branch a day (with the odd day off) and love apple leaves fresh or dried. I think we're going to run out by the end of the month at this rate! Will have to ration as it's only a small tree :D

Back