• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please could Gideon have some vibes

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
He is a poorly boy :cry::cry:

He has a nasty upper respiratory tract infection and isn't responding to his antibiotics. We have been back to the vets today and he now has some bisolvon and a new antibiotic should be ready for him Monday. I am so annoyed as can't think of the name of it, the vet said it was better than engemycin, which I asked for but they don't normally stock it so are having to order it in for Gideon. :? We have also set him up a steam cage and I am having to clean his nose 4 times a day.

I am worried about him as he is getting more lethargic, he is seriously disabled and I am worried that he may have deformities on the inside as well as the outside. I also have to bath him quite regularly to keep him clean but don't want to get him too cold :?

I think we have a bit of a battle on our hands so any vibes would be appreciated :)

After loosing so many bunnies I can't help but be rather paranoid about him not pulling through. I know I need to stay positive for him, but it is so hard when you are completely drained and exhausted :cry:

Sending lots of <<<<vibes>>>> Liz. Zithromax is a good antibiotic for respiratory tract infections. One of my buns had it loads of times and it really worked well. Hope this little fella perks up really soon.

He does seem a little brighter today even though he hasn't had his new antibiotics yet. The Bisolvon and steaming really seem to be helping :) Still lots of sneezing and gunky mucus though.

Thanks for asking :wave:

Back