• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New baby bunny attack !!

I a 4/5 month old lop-x [Rosie] and i recently got a 4 week old loplion for her to have company [poppet]. i only had rosie for about 3 weeks before i got poppet and had them both now for about 4days. Anyway , i have them seperate hutches but want them to move into the same one soon. When i first intruduced them to each other they ignored each other for about 10mins then poppet started following [chasing] rosie around the garden and now whenever i put them together poppet attcks and nips rosie untill i go out and stop them. you would have thought it was rosie who was getting teritorial but its poppet !! rosie is a really big bunny [not giant] and poppet is tiny and rosie is fed up and just tries to ignore the little nuisence ! HELP !!

Have I read this correctly? You've recently got a 4 week old baby to bond with your existing rabbit? If that's true, it FAR too young to have been removed from it's mother and there's no way I'd contemplate putting it in with an older rabbit. It should be with it's mother until it's at least 8-9 weeks old. Where on earth did you get it from?

I would agree with waiting till at least one of them is spayed and trying again.

It can be very difficult to bond two females though, as you were told on your previous thread.

Yes , They Are Both Girls =]

Firstly, that 4 week old bun is WAY WAY too young. I'm not sure if you should be feeding it milk (Goats, not cows) or not as it is so young (Maybe someone can correct me?). Be very carefull what you feed her, no veg at her age.

And secondly, please don't introduce your rabbits untill they are both spayed. There will be fights, and the young one is likely to get VERY hurt!

Firstly, that 4 week old bun is WAY WAY too young. I'm not sure if you should be feeding it milk (Goats, not cows) or not as it is so young (Maybe someone can correct me?). Be very carefull what you feed her, no veg at her age.

And secondly, please don't introduce your rabbits untill they are both spayed. There will be fights, and the young one is likely to get VERY hurt!

And also, you say they're girls, but how do you know?
Did you try sex them yourself?
Even some of the bunny experts on here have sexed rabbits wrong. I would definately NOT put them together untill they are both checked out by a vet and spayed. One could be a male, and you don't want a pregnant bun.

I think this thread was from a few weeks ago...even at 6 weeks they should be with mum. Just because you work in a pet shop with the buns and mum doesn't mean you can take the bunny before she should...why was she allowed to go?

I'm rather concerned about her. I wasn't aware that babies were completely weaned at 4 weeks.

I think this thread was from a few weeks ago...even at 6 weeks they should be with mum. Just because you work in a pet shop with the buns and mum doesn't mean you can take the bunny before she should...why was she allowed to go?

I'm rather concerned about her. I wasn't aware that babies were completely weaned at 4 weeks.

The date on the first post is sept 5th, two days ago

My Foster bunnies (see signature) were seperated from their mother at 4 weeks old as she rejected them. They got supplement and were hand reared and are perfectly healthy, however their growth is severely stunted.
They are 10 weeks old and the younger babies are 6 weeks old and are nearly the same size.
Where on EARTH did you get this rabbit from?
I strongly advise that you report the people that sold you this rabbit. I dread to think what difficulties my fosters will face.

Back