• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny's still humping 6 weeks after neuter?

Smiley

Young Bun
I had two male rabbits neutered almost 6 weeks ago and I have introduced them twice in the last week. The first time was OK, they sniffed each other but weren't really interested. But the second time all they would do is sniff each others butts, then both of them were trying to hump the other. The bigger of the two scared the other one half to death it seemed so I picked him up off him and he was clearly aroused. Is this normal? Do you think I'll be able to bond them? They groomed each other briefly so I thought it was going well but then this happened.

I would be so grateful of any advice as I really would love to bond them!

sometimes hormones die down slower in some buns than others.
But all buns will try and show dominance to the other bunny by humping it. be they both males...both females...male and female...they all do it!!

my frenchie used to get very aroused at bif...but eventually she won..now hes a henpecked hubby who she jumps on the back off and humps every now and then to tell him whos boss!!:lol:

Humping as absolutely normal behaviour in neutered bunnies of both sexes. It's a dominance thing:D:D

If your rabbits are fighting then I would separate them, if they are humping I would leave them to it so that they can sort out any dominance issues.

OK thanks, I'll try again and keep a close eye on them! I so hope they can bond. They were grooming each other so it's a good sign right? I'm just terrified of actually leaving them alone together. :shock:

Back