• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teefs, plumbs and GA

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Just got back from having the gang VHD'd and Bungle's check up revealed spurs :cry:

What do they do? He's booked in on Friday to have them done and have his newly found plums whipped off worried about the GA in a Big bun.... :(

Last edited:
They will probably burr his teeth whilst he is having plums seen to.

Just make sure you have lots of things to tempt him with for when he comes home to encourage him to eat e.g. grated carrot, kale, variety of herbs. He may have a sore mouth too, so make sure they give him some pain relief.

They will probably burr his teeth whilst he is having plums seen to.

Just make sure you have lots of things to tempt him with for when he comes home to encourage him to eat e.g. grated carrot, kale, variety of herbs. He may have a sore mouth too, so make sure they give him some pain relief.

Yeah I will, thanks - was worried about the size of him and the GA as I've been told big buns are more at risk of respiratory disorder, but my vet says smaller buns are more risky.... its a locum doing it but she has been at the vet before.....

I'm also a bit worried it may change his relationship with Nushka having his plums off?? She is a very agressive bun and Bungle keeps her in check by erm... spraying her :oops::oops: they do love each other though...

Hi Julie :wave: A burr on it's own only takes 15 mins. They just file the spurs (with a diamond file i think is preferable). Make sure your vet doesn't 'cut' them off as it can fracture the tooth. Ask if the spurs have caused any sores on her tongue or cheeks.

Agree about pain relief. My vet said Amber didn't need it as the file didn't touch a nerve or anything that would cuase pain. She wasn't eating very well but as soon as i demanded Metacam and gave her a couple of drops, she started munching away!

Hi Julie :wave: A burr on it's own only takes 15 mins. They just file the spurs (with a diamond file i think is preferable). Make sure your vet doesn't 'cut' them off as it can fracture the tooth. Ask if the spurs have caused any sores on her tongue or cheeks.

Agree about pain relief. My vet said Amber didn't need it as the file didn't touch a nerve or anything that would cuase pain. She wasn't eating very well but as soon as i demanded Metacam and gave her a couple of drops, she started munching away!

Hello you :wave: ok thanks will ask to talk to the vet before .... just worried for him... my big sausage !!!

Bless him:love: I'm sure he'll be fine. I personally think that if your vet knows what he or she is doing (and you trust them) he'll be fine x

I changed my appointment to the following Monday when my regular vet who checked him over is on surgery.... feel a little better now

Also just wanted to ask - I have told them I will be bringing him with Nushka and I want him put with her straight after - is this ok?

From what i have read on here previously, its a good idea to take the bunny's O/H. They only are seperated during the op and waking from the GA:)

Yeah thats what I thought, they always go to the vet in pairs but just wondered about while he was in recovery.... when Gabe was sick Daisy attacked him :cry:

Back