• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

removable roof ideas

Bex09

Warren Scout
Has anyone got any ideas of what I could use and how I can attach a removable cover to the top of my rabbit's run?

It needs to be wire or netting so that it lets light in, but also be easy to remove so I can get in with them and also keep the little monkeys from jumping/climbing out! Despite the run being nearly 5 ft high and they are only little buns they can jump and climb it!!!!

It doesn't need to keep predators out as the run is in a secure locked garage. Any ideas would be great thanks. :wave:

I brought some netting from a garden centre and use clothes pegs to secure it on top for my indoor buns to stop them jumping out of their enclosure.

Snowberrys idea sounds like a good option to me.

We bought a metal pen to use in the house when i kept them up here after neutoring and for if they ever get ill. It came with a net that just clipped onto pen, so wouldnt suit outside areas. My female managed to jump out of it once (its about 2 1/2 foot-3 foot heigh) when we didnt use the net, but didnt even try when the net was on- she probably realised she wouldnt get far.

So snowberrys idea sounds very similar to the type of netting that came with the pen i bought, but a lot cheaper no doubt!:lol:

That's great thanks. I'll go and try to get some from a garden centre tomorrow. Hopefully it will keep them in, at the min I can see them eyeing up the top of the runs... you can see in their eyes they are planning their escape route! :lol: Wouldn't mind but we built it so high thinking they would never be able to clear it... underestimated their jumping ability clearly! :roll:

Back