• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yuck! I don't like that!!

sidereus7

Mama Doe
I was wondering if rabbits tend to agree/disagree on which medicines taste good!

For my buns:

Yum: Metacam, BeneBac (probiotic)
Yuck: Baytril, Fibreplex

What do your buns like/dislike?

Baytril gets a unanimous ' Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww' !!

Metacam- Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :love:

Septrin- GIVE ME THE WHOLE BOTTLE................:shock:

Fibreplex- Some- Nom....Nom...Nom..... Others - BLEURGH !!

Panacur (Fenbendazole)- Geroff me wiff that stuff.........:evil:

I'm giving theo pancur at the moment and he laps it up but i doubt he's actually enjoying it more or less tolerating :lol:

Baytril gets a unanimous ' Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww' !!

Metacam- Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :love:

Septrin- GIVE ME THE WHOLE BOTTLE................:shock:

Fibreplex- Some- Nom....Nom...Nom..... Others - BLEURGH !!

Panacur (Fenbendazole)- Geroff me wiff that stuff.........:evil:

Thats Strawberry!

I have never known Strawbs turn his nose up at any med. Septrin and fibreplex are his faves but he also loves panacur!

Snowdrop wont have any of them without a fight!

Luckily I've never had to give Pipkin any medicine like that, but I can see him being a pain about all of them XD He's so fussy...

Thats Strawberry!

I have never known Strawbs turn his nose up at any med. Septrin and fibreplex are his faves but he also loves panacur!

Snowdrop wont have any of them without a fight!

Eddison boxed the Fibreplex out of my hands tonight. :shock: I better get out my boxing gloves!! :lol:

Lloyd ripped me to shreds when I tried to give him Metacam! I can't believe there are buns who like it!
(You should see my scars):shock:

ruby is on fibreplex at the moment and thinks it is evil! we ahve tried everything to get it down her, wrapped her in a towel, snuck up on her, put it on food but no! we put it on her feet, this worked coz she licked it off but she has got wise to it and has now worked out how to flick it off!

went to the vets today for her post spay check up, and took it along to see how they did it. SHe really put up a fight. the nurse had to put ruby on the floor and between her legs to get her to take it, she was not a happy bunny at all, but i will be trying that method later i think!

the only other think she had was pancur and i think she quite liked that!

Well Poppy isn't really keen on handling full stop - so the minute she has to be given medicine her anxiety is already aroused and she generally refuses to swallow anything without a great deal of grit and determination and calmness from us. She has been known to hold medicines in her mouth for up to 5 mins and then promptly spit them out when put back in the hutch all over her blankets! :roll:

Nino LOVES every single medicine whatever it is, unless he is floppy and unresponsive or in agony from bloat, he will come bounding over for medicines and climb on to my lap and take my arm off for any of them - metacam, fibreplex, metclopramide :shock:, zantac, infacol and syringe foods. In fact he likes them so much that I have twice had to extract medicine related objects from his mouth!! :roll: I no longer make the mistake of leaving anything within his reach - I have turned my back to hear 'crunching' sounds and found the cap of the fibreplex missing! :shock: Which required me to put my fingers to the back of his mouth to retrieve it - and i've also had pull out an empty 1ml syringe he was happily chewing and sucking on! :shock: He's a complete and utter looney tune! :roll::lol:

Back