• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

soft poo

Mole

Young Bun
sorry guys another question i just wanna make sure my bunnys are healthy ok my rabbits have eaten all there food and all there veg and most of the hay last night but they drank a whole bowl of warter (have to give them a bowl dont know if they will drink out of bottle they did all last week at the MSPCA where i got them from but they dont seem to be drinking from my bottle) so they drank a whole bottle of warter will that make there poo soft and a bit runny. (also there both female and poo alot if i get them sprayed will they poop less? (there 2 years old )

Just me careful not to make any sudden changes to their diet as they have very delicate tummies- don't give them big heaps of any veg they haven't had before or change brands of pellets.
Spaying is a great idea but it shouldn't make them poo significantly less- poo is great and they should be doing lots of big round golden brown poos everyday, it's a sign of a healthy bunny. Just get into the habit of changing their litter tray everyday so it doesn't attract flies, and make sure their bottoms are clean and dry xx

thanks

Just me careful not to make any sudden changes to their diet as they have very delicate tummies- don't give them big heaps of any veg they haven't had before or change brands of pellets.
Spaying is a great idea but it shouldn't make them poo significantly less- poo is great and they should be doing lots of big round golden brown poos everyday, it's a sign of a healthy bunny. Just get into the habit of changing their litter tray everyday so it doesn't attract flies, and make sure their bottoms are clean and dry xx

thanks on that subject there not litter trained atm because they pee and poo evrywhere not in one corner how can i train them

You might need to use several litter trays, one in each corner where they pee and poo until they get the hang of going in one place. It's worse persevering because it's much easier to keep the hutch clean once they are litter trained :)

sorry guys another question i just wanna make sure my bunnys are healthy ok my rabbits have eaten all there food and all there veg and most of the hay last night but they drank a whole bowl of warter (have to give them a bowl dont know if they will drink out of bottle they did all last week at the MSPCA where i got them from but they dont seem to be drinking from my bottle) so they drank a whole bottle of warter will that make there poo soft and a bit runny. (also there both female and poo alot if i get them sprayed will they poop less? (there 2 years old )
:wave:just a soft poo--increase hay..ie timothy/orchard grasses/diet should be 70%fiber,,quality-low fat-pellet,,small amount of any greens until poo,s =ok...water i like both bowl and bottle,,bowl is their natural way to drink and the bottle may not always give water,,sincerely james waller;)

Good advise being given above.

If you are getting soft poos, it can relate to the amount of dried food that is being given. Rabbits only need about an egg cup each of dried rabbit food a day, quantities higher than this will reduce the amount of hay that they eat.

Rabbits need to eat a lump of hay which is about the size of their own body a day, this will help to keep their gut and teeth in a healthy condition.

The larger the poo a rabbit does the healthier the gut, if the size of the poo decreases this often indicates a health issue.

thanks guys

Good advise being given above.

If you are getting soft poos, it can relate to the amount of dried food that is being given. Rabbits only need about an egg cup each of dried rabbit food a day, quantities higher than this will reduce the amount of hay that they eat.

Rabbits need to eat a lump of hay which is about the size of their own body a day, this will help to keep their gut and teeth in a healthy condition.

The larger the poo a rabbit does the healthier the gut, if the size of the poo decreases this often indicates a health issue.

thanks for all the advice

Back