• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nearly lost him!

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
Nearly lost Smudge again tonight!!! The wind keeps blowing down the board down that I put up to stop him getting behing the shed - well, it was up and looked fine so I went to town as usual - was gone 10 mins max! When I got back the board had been moved and no Smudge so I ran up and looked behing and saw the back of his tail down a burrow!!! I called him and he came looking really guilty but hten went back again and was digging furiously! So I grabbed a broom and put it over his bum and gently prodded him towards me then he ran out into the garden. I caught him adn put him back in his aviary. Bad Smudge! Don't think he can free range again till I can afford to get it blocked in properly!

Oh my goodness! What a fright for you. They dig holes so quickly!

I can't imagine what's around the shed - I suppose there's nothing you could screw the board to, to keep it in place?

No - there's the back of the shed (soil on ground the length of it) then a stone wall. Daren't screw anything in there it's already leaning inwards 4" !!

Back