• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reply from Burns re: Green Oat Hay

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
I recently sent two bags of dust and floor sweepings back to Burns complaining about the amount of the stuff in their bags of Green Oat Hay. Here's the reply I received today:-

Quote Thank you for taking the time to send us your current bags of Green Oat Hay.

I can understand your disappointment with this product as the level of dust is unacceptable. I have previously complained to our supplier regarding this and they have assured me that our next order will be sieved more carefully. However, if this does not occur, we will have no other option but to start looking to source hay elsewhere. Unfortunately, this may mean looking for an alternative type of hay instead of the green oat - which would be a shame.

I have instructed our graphics department to take photos of the dust you sent which we will send to our supplier for their comments. I have also asked our sales team to send you some free bags of hay to replace the dust which you were unable to use.

I hope this will not be a recurring problem and that it will be resolved in the near future. However, if you have any further problems with your hay, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Unquote

They sent me four free bags of Green Oat Hay! So let's hope the supplier really does take notice of the complaints and extract all that blasted dust from their product.

Wow that's great, I have to say Burns seem like a really good company, they have made several generous donations of products for Starlights rescue.

Wow! :shock::D I never got around to sending mine back in the end :oops: but think I will to emphasize the point!! :)
Well done and lucky you with some free bags :D

Hope they don't stop making it though :?

Cool! Right i'm off to pack mine up - I did say months ago I would send it back...i'm very slack! :roll:

Wow that's great, I have to say Burns seem like a really good company, they have made several generous donations of products for Starlights rescue.

I agree with this. I think Burns DO have the animal's best interests at heart rather than just profit like some other large pet food manufacturers. But unless we complain, they won't know that there's a problem. It cost me a couple of squid to send the bags back but I think it was worth it. I really hope they don't stop producing it because all my buns love it but then again, I am getting fed up with paying over £4 a bag for half a bag of dust!

I agree with this. I think Burns DO have the animal's best interests at heart rather than just profit like some other large pet food manufacturers. But unless we complain, they won't know that there's a problem. It cost me a couple of squid to send the bags back but I think it was worth it. I really hope they don't stop producing it because all my buns love it but then again, I am getting fed up with paying over £4 a bag for half a bag of dust!

Oh yeah you certainly did the right thing, sounds like they do realise it is a problem which is good.

This is the response I got today which was very similar to Mackers

I can understand your disappointment with this product as the level of dust is unacceptable. I have previously complained to our supplier regarding this and they have assured me that our next order will be sieved more carefully. However, if this does not occur we will have no other option but to start looking to source hay elsewhere. Unfortunately, this may mean looking for an alternative type of hay instead of the green oat – which would be a shame.

I have also asked our sales team to send you some free bags of hay to replace the dust which you were unable to use.

I hope this will not be a recurring problem and that it will be resolved in the near future. However, if you have any further problems with your hay please do not hesitate to contact us again.

I do hope they don't replace the hay as my bunnies adore it.

Back