• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pain meds :(

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
It makes me sad that some vets STILL feel its ok to not prescribe pain meds to buns in certain situations.

I mean, would a person be 'spayed' without follow up pain meds? Don't think so. Would dogs? Cats? Nope. So why do they see rabbits as different? Because they hide it? I wonder if they wear their heart on their sleeves 24/7.

Rabbits actually need it just as much, if not more because of their prey response to pain and their gut, etc, yadda yadda.

It's quite barbaric actually.

As an owner its our responsibility to ensure that they DO get the care they deserve and DO get the pain meds they should have. We have to fight for them because no one else will.

You can all blast me apart now, it just frustrates me greatly. That's all.

I agree. It was something I never thought about in my early bun days - now I'm bringing it up as soon as I get to vets wth a problem bun

Likewise. Now I have the internet I know far more and far better than I did before.

I keep Metacam at home for when its needed, and mine get it at any circumstance where they might be in pain.

I am affraid I would be blunt and to the point now with any Vet who refused appropriate analgesia for a Rabbit.

Recently someones Vet told them that 'there are no safe pain relief medications for Rabbits'

For :censored: sake :evil:

If the Vet cant be bothered to update their knowledge about the third most popular domestic Pet they should not be allowed to practice in any surgery dealing with Domestic Pets.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it makes my blood boil :censored:

Back