• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Still ill

bobsue28

Young Bun
I took my Rabbit to the vets yesterday to have his bits off which cost me £49.99 which i thought ws good. I brought him home and put him stright into his wendy house with some food and veg. I cheacked on him all night. When i checked on him this morning i noticed he had not eaten and food but had eaten his veg. I let him out for half a hour to ge some fresh air to stright his long legs.
I but him back after that as he still looks ill with some more veg.
What can else can i do for him??
Thank you XxX

Give him a heat source, keep tempting with a variety of foods, keep him away (as much as possible) from places that could cause him problems with his wound (such as mud where he can sit on it and maybe get it stuck on his wounds, etc), and also some pain meds.

I would suggest bringing him inside if you know he can tolerate it because that can also help speed recovery along.

thanks have had him in for hours he was just lying in the sun then i thought i would take him back to vets she gave him a jab which she said was because he had not eaten and was to feed him by hand so i did from 4 til 8 on the hour he wasnt too pleased about that.This morning he going around the lawn eating every thing he can find so hopefully that is it now

Back